Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Around here,if a bat is in the house, they recommend shots. If they can catch the bat it depends on the results of testing
Wow. We had a note sent out a couple of years back asking if we found a dead bat to let them know. Well, found one. Our neighbor had some in a vent to his garage. My son pointed it out. He could hear them! I couldn't! lol, hard of hearing? Anyway, called the city, guy came out, said it had been dead too long to take. Guess they had had some rabies show up somewhere. The guy had the neighbor close off that place so they couldn't get in. He didn't even know, but when he went to work on it, found a lot of bat poop in the garage! 😳.

Even though I am vaccinated against covid, I am fine with continuing to wear a face covering indoors, especially with large numbers of people I don't live with. But I'm done with wearing a mask outdoors while walking around town or on walking trails etc. Unfortunately, my town still requires face coverings outdoors until May 16th.

I think outdoor mask requirement is a bit silly at this point, since vaccinations are now freely available to all who want them. Do others have ordinances requiring wearing face coverings outdoors where you live? Mine has exceptions to this, of course, like for during exercise or if one has a medical condition, etc.
I really think wearing a mask out doors is ridiculous. I have never worn one out side.

I'm kinda looking at this personally a lot like I did several yrs ago when I was watching tv downstairs rest of family sleeping upstairs. Heard screaming, bat flying around in their rooms while they sleeping. Took awhile but I caught and killed bat with kids butterfly net.
Next day DW googling, says "did you know most people who have died of rabies were people that were bit by bats while they were sleeping and didn't know it?"
So they decided all of them going to get rabies vaccination.
I wasn't going to get it, ... I was around many many adult beverages when chasing bat, know it landed on my neck/back at one point, could it have bit me? IDK???
Got thinking about it and then joined family for the rabies vaccination, I didn't want to be the only dead one.
How I feel about this covid stuff.
I watch bats fly over my head at night (when it's seasonable) as they eat the mosquitos. They dive pretty low!

Back
Top Bottom