Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

SOMEONE has to be in the "didn't take" group and there isn't a nice mark on the foreheads of those it "did take" to indicate same.
Although I haven’t heard it yet, I fully expect someone, at some point, will bring up a visual identifier to distinguish at a glance the vaccinated from the unvaccinated.

The thought chills me more than I can say.

This is what I don’t get. We all know you can get and spread covid even while vaccinated, and you may only exhibit mild symptoms if any at all. But if someone in your household tests positive, it seems so wrong that the quarantine restriction is lifted. It scares the crap out of me. 😳
Thats my issue as well. Vaccinated people think the shot is a get out of covid free card. Its not. Also just got released from the ER sooooo much faster than ever before. I had a pretty severe panic attack. On the plus side they said my heart and cholesterol look great. Last time I was in there...panic attack again...I was in there for 5 hours. This time I got an EKG within 5 minutes. Waited in the waiting room for an hour then 30 minutes in what they called "the express room". Never saw a doctor though, just a RN.

Vaccinated people think the shot is a get out of covid free card. Its not.
I don't think that! I'm fully vaccinated except for the booster, and I still mask in public, maintain social distance and wash hands for 20 seconds (sing alphabet forward and backward while sudsing, then rinse). It seems to me, in my area anyway, that it's the UNvaccinated who take risks and seem to think that not only are they invincible against Covid, but everyone else is, too, so why bother with any precautions? Actually, it's more of an attitude of, "Ah'm an Uhmurican, land of the FREE and home of the BRAVE, and ain't no guv'mint gonna tell ME what to do!" So ... They won't wear a mask, wash their hands, socially distance OR get vaccinated, simply because they've been advised to do so. Freedom trumps common sense, apparently.

Just like that pregnancy test with the faint line. You are almost pregnant, lol
I work in a dairy plant, my job at the moment unload all the tankers of raw milk we personally test them for antibiotics and bacteria. Bacteria is a microscope slide test antibiotics is much like the same as a pregnancy test or the covid test . Rubs me the wrong way just trusting a positive cause if we get one on milk state requires us to well get back a step, doesn't matter what it looks like to us we have to put it in a reader and wait a second for the results and print it out.
A positive requires redoing a positive and negative control and double sample of the milk that came up positive, double sample done twice so four more tests on the milk and has to come up both positive or both negative or keep testing. In 18yrs of doing this 99% of the time it was just a bad test strip, have had some positive but it's a rarity. I don't know how much these test strips cost at work compared to the covid test and I know it really doesn't matter the cost when it comes to food safety my company pays for it just think maybe the covid testing lacks some integrity. Test once positive and positive.

I don't think that! I'm fully vaccinated except for the booster, and I still mask in public, maintain social distance and wash hands for 20 seconds (sing alphabet forward and backward while sudsing, then rinse). It seems to me, in my area anyway, that it's the UNvaccinated who take risks and seem to think that not only are they invincible against Covid, but everyone else is, too, so why bother with any precautions? Actually, it's more of an attitude of, "Ah'm an Uhmurican, land of the FREE and home of the BRAVE, and ain't no guv'mint gonna tell ME what to do!" So ... They won't wear a mask, wash their hands, socially distance OR get vaccinated, simply because they've been advised to do so. Freedom trumps common sense, apparently.
I work in a city, and there’s lots of urban people there that don’t want the vaccine either. I think the media wants us to believe it’s uneducated hicks that are the holdup with getting the vaccine. (I don’t think that). There a diverse group of races, income levels, and education levels who are anti covid-vax

I work in a city, and there’s lots of urban people there that don’t want the vaccine either. I think the media wants us to believe it’s uneducated hicks that are the holdup with getting the vaccine. (I don’t think that). There a diverse group of races, income levels, and education levels who are anti covid-vax
Same as the vaxxers 😎 point being its a personal decision. Take it, dont take it whatever. Either way wash your hands and say your prayers because jesus and germs are everywhere

I think prob 50 50, 50% like you say BigBluehen53, I'm not going to argue with you on it, a lot of what you say "Ah'm an Uhmurican, land of the FREE and home of the BRAVE, and ain't no guv'mint gonna tell ME what to do!"
Yeah, I'll admit true, I'm one of them, but I took the plunge and was vaccinated.
Hope it works have a lot of kids here positive now :lau:oops:
Do you realize there is more minorities that think the same? The least fewest vaccinated are minorities? They think the same as you said; " ain't no guv'mint gonna tell ME what to do!"
How do we, you, us , convince them they should get vaccinated?
Cause that route sure ain't working. IMHO, give them some science and data, statistics, let them make their own decisions just like we did.

Back
Top Bottom