Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

The biggest punchline has become, "The CDC says...".
Written in vanishing ink. Part of which is understandable given the ever changing nature of Coronaviruses, and this virus in particular. Two most recent associates affected are still in the hospital. One doing well, and the other not so well.

Written in vanishing ink. Part of which is understandable given the ever changing nature of Coronaviruses, and this virus in particular. Two most recent associates affected are still in the hospital. One doing well, and the other not so well.
Best wishes to both, Sour.
My GirlChild has a new boyfriend. Nice kid, we really like him. But! He is not vaccinated. He is terrified of needles. 😟 We are hoping the GC can persuade him to man up. Maybe they will let her hold his hand. 😉

On the plus side theyre saying on the news that omicron is on the down slope. They're not lifting restrictions yet though.
On the downslope from a 40,000 foot peak. We still have way more people in the hospital and ICU than we did with prior variants.

Nice kid, we really like him. But! He is not vaccinated. He is terrified of needles.
Too bad he can't come in the house to see her ;)

He doesn't have to look at the needle. And as those of us that got stabbed, repeatedly, know, it is a REALLY small needle. Yep, pull up his big boy pants and sit down for the nurse. He probably wouldn't like the size of needles they'll stick in him to draw blood if he manages to get a bad case of Covid.

"They're saying." when did we start believing ANY of them? Or do we just choose to believe what suits us? 'They' also said that we are at 860,00 deaths total and that 2,000 people died of Covid yesterday.
I'm not trusting them for sure. I dont pick and choose my facts. I was merely relating what was said on my local news. Whether that is to be believed or not is up to the listener. :thumbsup

On the downslope from a 40,000 foot peak. We still have way more people in the hospital and ICU than we did with prior variants.

He doesn't have to look at the needle. And as those of us that got stabbed, repeatedly, know, it is a REALLY small needle. Yep, pull up his big boy pants and sit down for the nurse. He probably wouldn't like the size of needles they'll stick in him to draw blood if he manages to get a bad case of Covid.
Hubby has a fear of needles as well. Its not just the needle itself. Its the shear thought. He could be watching tv and see someone get a shot and he cringes in fear. Some phobias run deep. I wouldnt push it

Hubby has a fear of needles as well. Its not just the needle itself. Its the shear thought. He could be watching tv and see someone get a shot and he cringes in fear. Some phobias run deep. I wouldnt push it
I have that problem. When I give blood the lady taking it always ask if I'm OK. I say yeah. Then she says again alot slower
Are you sure you're alright?
Does it hurt? No can't even feel it.
Then what's wrong?
The thought of it makes me wanna pass out

But thats ok it's king cake time

IMG_20220121_125934.jpg

I'll trade a stick for a piece

Phobias aren't something to tease about. Many people have them and it is terrifying to think this thing is going to really hurt or worse kill you. It isn't a test on how much he loves/likes her. It is something people have to get over and it takes time. Sorry this poor boy is so scared. I truly feel for him. Think of what makes you cringe and now think all you have to do is put on your big girl/boy pants. Please you are still scared and this boy is scared out of his mind. We all have fight or flight built into our DNA some much stronger then others.

Back
Top Bottom