Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

It doesn't matter the location. If you get it and you're meant to die it's going to happen. No amount of screaming that the sky is falling is going to change that.
Yes and no. If you get it and all the hospitals around you are full, your chances of surviving might be decreased for a lack of resources.
If you are in an area where you might be among only a handful of patients and there is plenty of healthy staff and equipment available, your chances will probably increase.
I mean from a logic standpoint.

On a personal note, I'm not intending to pick on you this evening, though it might seem that way. I'm sure you guys will be just fine, and we can all hug it out when it's safe to hug people again. :)

Fair enough, if you are meant to die thats one thing. But if you have it and you are going on "business as usual" then you could be spreading it. Maybe you can live with bringing it to someone else idk

...not to mention putting the overworked under-equipped medical staff that everyone depends on at risk.

I also have a friend who's about 4 months pregnant now. She's terrified of getting a fever -- from anything -- and counting down the days to when this will be over and she might be able to get into a hospital to safely deliver.

I hope no one's drawn her attention to the fact that an infant in IN has died of Covid-19...

Last edited:
A reporter in Australia was tested for Covid-19 due to being in contact with Tom Hanks and his wife while they were there. He's been tested 3 times in the space of more than a week and every test has come back as positive yet he is still showing no symptoms. He has stayed isolated so that he is not putting anyone else at risk and until he tests negative he's not going anywhere. How many others are infectious but completely unaware because they have no symptoms?

Medical staff here in New Zealand are also either leaving their children with family, or staying in hotels themselves to avoid physical contact with their loved ones because they do not want to put them at risk. Women who are due to give birth soon are being told to do so either at home or in a birthcare facility. I'd hate to be in that position - if I hadn't been in a hospital first time around I'd be dead because I hemorrhaged badly.

If you want some extensive statistics this is an excellent site:
https://ourworldindata.org/coronavi...ing-at-different-rates-in-different-countries

I pray to GOD, believe in karma also.
So you agree, we don't know what our future holds? I'm optimistic myself, really praying we over reacted.
I believe we have no idea what the future holds. I believe in karma but I don't believe you can do good deeds to buy your way out of it. I'm not religious at all, agnostic really and to each his own.

I think this is a new thing and everyone freaked out based on the reaction from officials in China and the response from the people as shown on the internet. What china did to stop it would never work in the US for so many reasons so it's likely to be worse here than there. Overreacting? To a degree. If international travel to the US from EVERYWHERE was stopped immediately when the US was notified it wouldn't have mattered. China had been denying human to human transmission when they knew that to be false and allowed people to travel all over the world. Why?

Fair enough, if you are meant to die thats one thing. But if you have it and you are going on "business as usual" then you could be spreading it. Maybe you can live with bringing it to someone else idk

I live in an area of second homes too, the locals have their (figurative) pitchforks out and are challenging visitors, asking them why they are here
Well since it was the state that told me so and we're supposed to trust the authorities then yes, I am going to keep living my life rather than hiding in a hole because I think I might get sick. I'm still practicing social distancing like everyone else. I can't go to a movie or stand under the waterfall at the park with 20 of my friends. I can walk my damn dog or go to the store though.

I believe, I think, I heard......

I listen, I learn, I adapt as things change. Facts are real things.
It's all about belief. Belief in what we hear, our feelings and emotions and life experiences combined with our capacity for reason. If you believe in a god it's based on what you've heard and read and not likely a personal experience with a higher being. What I believe and find logical you don't. You aren't going to change my mind and I could care less if you agree with me or not. Have a good night.

If you look at and can believe the data being reported it's simple math. Covid had less than 5% mortality rate until yesterday. I haven't calculated the numbers for today. According to the CDC the entire world has seen roughly 20k+ deaths so far from Covid but the US alone has seen 20k+ deaths for influenza. Depending on rate of infection for Covid19 it's mortality rate will likely come out at or maybe slightly above that of influenza.

What's significant is not the total numbers of deaths, but the percentages - the number of deaths per thousands infected. I am not able to provide a link, but I read recently that the death RATE for H1N1 in 2009 was .02%. For Covid-19 it is 2%. That means that 2 out of 1000 sick people died with H1N1, but 20 people out of 1000 die with Covid-19. So Covid is 100 times more deadly than the flu.

Somebody said that to me the other day, that the H1N1 flu was more deadly than Covid-19, which is why I looked it up, and it does not appear to be true; and she also said it's nothing but a bunch of media hype and scare tactics. The President is not the media. The CDC is not the media. The media is reporting what the president and the CDC are saying. I've said it before and I'll say it again: that's not hype, it's journalism. I wonder who is pushing tthis "it's nothing to worry about"agenda while our health care workers are dropping like flies and our hospitals are being overrun with the sick? Who benefits by having our hospitals swamped right no

Back
Top Bottom