Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Oh and since it was asked how the hospitals are coping, this is the info the Ohio Nurses Association sent out today.

• There are 3,739 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Ohio with 1,006 hospitalizations. Of those hospitalizations, 326 are in the ICU. There are 102 fatalities. The age range is less than 1 to 101 with a media age of 53. 48% are males and 51% are females. 20% of the confirmed cases are healthcare workers.
• The governor has spent much of the day on hospital build outs and the procurement of resources. The governor thanks the manufacturers that are helping with this. Hospitals have already increased bed capacities.
• The governor signed an order to expand telehealth. This is the second order regarding telehealth. The order will make it easier for telehealth services for counselors, social workers and marriage counselling, just to name a few examples. The governor states that mental health is important and we need to make sure people can access those services without leaving their homes.
• The CDC issued a recommendation that the public wear masks while out in public. The governor said that he will wear one while out in public. The governor says that if we see someone with a mask, we should think of it as something good and as positive thing. This is not a substitute for social distancing, though.
• The state is putting up Wi-Fi hot spots around Ohio to help people who need internet service or faster internet service.
• While the elderly are at highest risk, they state is seeing deaths in younger people with no pre-existing conditions.

Like I mentioned previously, our big hospital is no info about them going out on pain of employment termination. There's a big information blackout in a lot of ways and they control a huge percentage of Ohios health services. So we don't really know how bad it is.
https://www.clevescene.com/scene-an...nt-of-health-doesnt-release-numbers-to-public

Also. Partner not husband fwiw. ;) It's an important distinction for us.

I will keep that in mind! I understand the issue. I didn't want to get married and my husband and I were together for 10 years before we did.

Our "wedding" was something! It was at a tiny chapel on a busy street where they did the "confidential" weddings that CA then allowed on a random weekday morning. Same place Ronald Reagan married Nancy, coincidentally.

I was 38 weeks pregnant. I made a point of telling the minister and his assistant (who was our witness) that I didn't want his name and wanted it clear that it not appear in any legally binding document. No ring. The minister wanted to do a ceremony of sorts. We said no way, get this over with. It was, after all, for my husband's s-i-l who used every dead member of the family to guilt him into it even tho he and she knew I was intent about not wanting it.

After the wedding, he went to a band rehearsal. I went home.

We were together because we chose one another and I wanted to keep choosing him and not feel bound into something. Yes. I was a gen-u-ine hippy!

Anyway, I'm sure the minister and his assistant gave us 2 months. We're together 53 years. And when our daughter was finally old enough to do the math, she made sure everyone in the school knew about it! I guess it wasn't the stigma that my s-i-l was so worried about...

Now, that said, this is the time for you and your partner to isolate. You should be in isolation from one another until you're sure he's clear. You want to stay well to be able to supply his needs and give him the care he may need.

Our house is pretty full right now. My plan, should we need to activate it, is to turn off the automatic sprinklers and I move out into a tent in the backyard. My husband is diabetic and has 5 stents in his heart. I will sleep on the ground in the backyard however long I need to to be sure I don't spread anything.

Yesterday it was announced that my local grocery store had one employee test positive.
Today it is 7 employees.

I'm sick.
I'm not sick as in fever or cough...
I'm sick that this is happening.

This is when we learn as a culture -- IF we're smart enough to absorb the message -- that we are all interrelated and we are all providing important and essential services.

The health of everyone is not only everyone's burden but everyone's security as well.

I will keep that in mind! I understand the issue. I didn't want to get married and my husband and I were together for 10 years before we did.

Our "wedding" was something! It was at a tiny chapel on a busy street where they did the "confidential" weddings that CA then allowed. Same place Ronald Reagan married Nancy, coincidentally.

I was 38 weeks pregnant. I made a point of telling the minister and his assistant (who was our witness) that I didn't want his name and wanted it clear that it not appear in any legally binding document. No ring. The minister wanted to do a ceremony of sorts. We said no way, get this over with. It was, after all, for my husband's s-i-l who used every dead member of the family to guilt him into it even tho he and she knew I was intent about not wanting it.

We were together because we chose one another and I wanted to keep choosing him and not feel bound into something. Yes. I was a gen-u-ine hippy!

Anyway, I'm sure the minister and his assistant gave us 2 months. We're together 53 years. And when our daughter was finally old enough to do the math, she made sure everyone in the school knew about it! I guess it wasn't the stigma that my s-i-l was so worried about...

Now, that said, this is the time for you and your partner to isolate. You should be in isolation from one another until you're sure he's clear.

Our house is pretty full right now. My plan, should we need to activate it, is turn off the automatic sprinklers and I move out into a tent in the backyard. My husband is diabetic and has 5 stents in his heart. I will sleep on the ground in the backyard however long I need to to be sure I don't spread anything.

Thanks. :) Yeah we celebrated 10 years last year. I kept hearing "Oh! But you'll change your mind! When you grow up you'll want it! You're just a kid!". Yeah, well, now I'm almost 30 and I *still* don't want it. :p How "grown up" do I gotta be before I'm allowed to have opinions on my own life?
My reasons for not wanting marriage are pretty nebulous. When you're married people make assumptions. They need to invite your partner if they want to see you, you're straight, you're monogamous, you're probably christian, you want kids cause you're on the normal life path. "Did you get married in a church?" they'll ask, fully indicating a christian church, without knowing the first thing about me. "Now we need to know when the kids get to be born!" they'll say, not knowing if I want them or not. They'll refer to your wife as the "'Ol ball and chain! Haha!" like you're in prison because of your legal contract not living with someone you choose every day. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. It's all around just not a great deal for me. So we haven't and probably never will.

Problem with isolating is he was exposed two weeks ago when he was working with his co worker. So if he was exposed then it's done and gone already. Given the fragile state of mental health in our household if we try to isolate from each other for the entire period of potential exposure to this pandemic it's not going to end well for anyone. So we'll isolate from eachother when we have to and not before. It's a balancing act right now.

Back
Top Bottom