Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I believe what the virologists are saying too. 'Lab errors' happen, but viruses mutate and jump species frequently, and that's just much more likely here.
With modern travel, and human density in cities everywhere, managing pandemics needs to be early and aggressive, and not held up because of wishful thinking.
We've been lucky that a totally awful disease isn't what we are facing now! This one isn't nice, but could be way worse...
Mary

Last edited:
I thought the point of wearing a mask is to protect others from your breath, cough, and/or sneeze from escaping and infecting others.

If that is the point, then all of those masks fail. Those droplets end up on the ground, handrail, grocery aisle, and/or in their hand, among other places.

Just sayin'.

I would not have purchased any masks but happen to have a couple for wood chopping/cutting.

I hope people don't get a false sense of security with these home made masks.

Yes it is to keep my germs as MINE. That means if everyone masks up then germs are not as easily spread.

Just sayin.....mama said "cover your mouth when you cough".....
Dr's offices have signs everywhere saying cover your mouth......

Not understanding why it is such a foreign concept.......

Yes, its going yo be tricky to lift restrictions again. I hope they lift the most important first. Like letting young children going to school again. Then wait 1-2 weeks and if everything still is in control, before they take the next step.

I do hope our economy is going to change after this. We need more people in governments who care, people with integrity. And certainly not to the world leaders you named, who have too much ego and think ‘whats in it for me’ all the time.

Clean air
We have to stop using so much fuel. Make a transition to a healtier environment. One of the positive things if this Corona crap is the clean air. The positive effect of this partially world wide shut down really is amazing.

People stopping buying useless products is great. I do hope all plastic plants that make crap are going to produce better products if
they survive this Covid crisis

Less international trade
I do hope we will be more self supplying in a more regional area (like within larger parts of the continents). Less international trade is good for a lot of things and not only for spreading awful diseases.

It would be better if we stop producing /buying plastic crap product and cheap clothes made by ‘slaves’ in very unhealthy working environments.
It would be better if boats and airplanes stop polluting the world.
For instance: Stop buying flowers that are treated with lots of herbicides/pesticides that pollute the soil and the health of the cheap labour, which are exported all over the world in airplanes.

International trade makes us vulnerable for another new virus. Stopping international trade helps creating a healthier world and can stop global warming if we go on with the good things, like planting trees, building plants for wind- and solar energy.
Agreed!! It’s amazing to me how much things have cleaned up in just a few months. The water in the Venice canals hasn’t been this clear in decades. The smog in many parts of China is gone or way reduced now (or was when they were under lockdown. Not sure if it still is). There’s little fish in the canals too. It’s just amazing to me how quickly the planet recovers if only we would start caring about it a little bit!!

Yes it is to keep my germs as MINE. That means if everyone masks up then germs are not as easily spread.

Just sayin.....mama said "cover your mouth when you cough".....
Dr's offices have signs everywhere saying cover your mouth......

Not understanding why it is such a foreign concept.......

However, when you put your hand up to catch the cough, you catch the germs, and now everything you touch is contaminated.

I agree about the foreign concept part. Just like washing hands was so new to so many :D :D

Brilliant!
I have some really thin gauge wire I use outside to "sew" field fencing together and had wondered if it would work. I never thought of jewelry wire. I had looked at my fleece stash for the removable filter piece.
Up north I used to make and wear fleece bandanas to keep my face warm and filter hay and stall cleaning dust particles, though I don't think it's dense enough for a virus.
But for ties, oh heck yeah!
:highfive:
That is such a good idea!!!

I thought the point of wearing a mask is to protect others from your breath, cough, and/or sneeze from escaping and infecting others.

If that is the point, then all of those masks fail. Those droplets end up on the ground, handrail, grocery aisle, and/or in their hand, among other places.

Just sayin'.

I would not have purchased any masks but happen to have a couple for wood chopping/cutting.

I hope people don't get a false sense of security with these home made masks.
I think that is where the handwashing and hand sanitizing comes into play. A mask will not help you if you don't wash your hands and keep the hands away from your face. A mask may help to remind people to not touch their faces. A cloth mask is better than nothing. I do not use cloth masks but I would if I didn't have what I use now.

Agreed!! It’s amazing to me how much things have cleaned up in just a few months. The water in the Venice canals hasn’t been this clear in decades. The smog in many parts of China is gone or way reduced now (or was when they were under lockdown. Not sure if it still is). There’s little fish in the canals too. It’s just amazing to me how quickly the planet recovers if only we would start caring about it a little bit!!

It is amazing, I agree!!

I would rephrase it slightly...it's amazing how fast nature recovers after it smacks us in the face for trying to destroy it in so many ways

Ok, I realize that's not saying very much.....:gig
But yeah. This is not me, but this person is taller than me and you can see her compared to the machine (a 1/4 of her, the backside, is missing from the pic too), which is sitting on a 12' long table. True longarms are big machines that move freely over a quilt that is stretched onto a quilting frame.

Edit: typos

View attachment 2077434
Oh wow that is a huge machine!!! :eek: :th

And a gorgeous quilt. 😍😍

Also too bad it’s not you cause I was gonna say you’re adorable 😂🙈

Back
Top Bottom