Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Suffering is fashion. I feel my best when my clothes are fitted and I'm wobbling along on my heels, and people are staring at me like I escaped from a circus... a fashionable circus. Kids point and stare at me, random people stop me to ask me where I got this or that. That's when I know I got it right.

I used to be a tomboy, if you can believe it... guess I was rebelling against my mom wanting me in pink dresses all the time. And then I flip flopped right around college and went back to being girly. :confused:

10 years of piano and self taught bass guitar. Haven't touched either in many years, but I can still read sheet music at least.
:lau that’s amazing!!! And I admire the dedication!! But see, for me, suffering is just not worth it haha I’d rather just be comfortable. :lau :confused:

Plus the fact I’m really weird and some stuff I literally freak out and try to tear off immediately :lau :oops:

You should pick them back up!! I wanna learn guitar. Or piano. Either one haha

I used to write songs sometimes but I could never play an instrument and sound like a dying seal so could never sing or play my own stuff. :lau :oops:

*sigh*
I long for the day when people look at one another and see the good and the commonality inside.....not what appears on the outside and reacting to that because it doesn't look like their own mirrors. I've found it in a few places I've lived.....and I love that, but it's so rare.

Every race, every ethnicity, every culture is so beautiful. The natural world is full of so much diversity and beauty, why should people be any different?

Sorry...musing out loud.

I love this, @SnapdragonQ ! I love horses, and there is such diversity among them and they are all so beautiful and majestic and magnificent. And dogs, wow, talk about diversity! And what about birds, an unbelievable richness of diversity! From hummingbirds to swans to eagles to chickens to robins to spoonbills to ostriches, what an amazing Mind created all those, so different yet so much the same! These all enrich our world.... so why should people be like cookie cutters, all the same? No! Let us be different like flowers or trees or bushes. Let us be gems of a different color to bring glory to our world, let us bloom in different sizes and colors and shapes and let us sing our different songs.

We still sit at home. I began to bake bread, because I do not go to the store for bread. We bought this bread machine more than 20 years ago.
View attachment 2078462
View attachment 2078463
And I won’t go to the meat store too.
View attachment 2078464
This situation is a little strange, usually I am very lazy and do not like to leave home more than once every six months, I always have enough food and things, but for some reason this situation annoys me, it feels like I'm sitting under house arrest.
It's good that the Internet still works here and there are entertainment like this
I feel that if the quarantine is delayed for a long time, then after it I can already ride in electric trains and play musical instruments there as any street musicant, despite the fact that in childhood I did not attend music lessons. :lol: It's good that I still have books at home that I have not read, and new anime series have been released.

I sooo agree. I have to leave home once a month. It exhausts me for the whole day. It keeps me awake at night. I try to be optomistic , I used to think of that monthly appt. I could use as excuse to myself.

I've been told that gray hair is extremely hard to dye out /cover. I don't know for myself

In high school I had a few gray hairs and pulled them out. Then I realized I was getting too many bald spots. I'm much past high school and embraced the gray hair - which is now much more silver than gray. I love it and let it grow long, it's halfway down my back. If people don't like it -they can look elsewhere.

Drumstick, are you any relation to a Debbie ********? who posted on this board? Just thought I'd ask!

i feel the same ,i don,t go out much now can,t just to be able to chat at the bus stop ,meet friends on the bus ,do my own shopping ,i suffer from depression mostly under control but when you live on your own and being told you can,t go out it,s hard ,sorry for the moaning i know there are people worse off than me ,now i am going to work in the garden the sun is shining so i,ll ignore my arthritis and do as much as i can

Yeah, I’m not sure where exactly I heard it but I think someone on here mentioned it a few weeks ago. Pretty scary but I’m not worried about it here. I don’t lock mine up but I might start. Not really worried but just in case.

So you guys can just go buy guns and ammo? Here you need a license to carry or firearm identification card. I think the FID is only for smaller capacity weapons and my also can’t carry it around. If you want to carry it (think it’s only concealed here), you need the LTC. Which requires a background check to make sure you’re not a felon, mentally unstable, etc. and certificate saying you completed a firearms safety course or hunter education class and I think the licenses are issued through the local PD department.

I just looked it all up last night haha not really sure why. 😂
Basically you walk in, fill out a form, you get an instant background check and you're done. At least that's how it was the last time but it has been a while. People in AZ are very serious about their gun rights. We can carry concealed without a permit with a few exceptions, can't take it on school property or into a bar among other things. Nothing needed to buy ammo. AZ used to require that safety class and a second background check to carry concealed but that changed a few years ago.

Where I live, alot of shops are closed. I live in a small town, so no police patrol ordering us around to socially distance. Hope everyone is okay and healthy.
smiley_emoticons_mc-hearth.gif
D.gif

Some are personal stories like G having to break up problems at his store every couple of days. (Not my only personal example but the most relevant one right now.) There's also *plenty* that aren't. Statistically some people get their toes stomped more than others. I'd be a really crummy friend to the people who had that happen if I didn't acknowledge how big of a problem it was.
Statistics are dependent on who you're talking to and where. Different demographics can change the outcome of your data. That's all I'm going to say, this isn't appropriate for discussion this forum.

Our stores went nuts back on March 3 or 5th.
The food is almost back normal.
The cleaners and paper products....zero.
They put out a few toilet papers first thing in the morning but I swear to you I haven't seen bleach or Lysol in forever.
Our Walmart is back to being fully stocked. I can find everything now. They have limited what you can buy so it helps for the most part. Plus they limit how many people can be in the store at one time.

Back
Top Bottom