Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

What about a short scenic drive in your hermetically sealed car?. I mean just for a change of scene.
I did take my mom to work yesterday so that was nice to get out for a bit but still not quite the same as getting to do things. :/ but I’ve been trying to keep myself busy.

..... And worst, my home office is full of baby chicks :lol:
Isn't the coating of cute baby chick dust all over your work, and your desk, and your research, and your phone, and your computer, and your books just wonderful?? :D
I swear...if you had a 5000sq ft house and put the chicks in the downstairs furthest corner/room away from your upstairs....third story level office, the dust would STILL manage to find you. It creeps everywhere....

Isn't the coating of cute baby chick dust all over your work, and your desk, and your research, and your phone, and your computer, and your books just wonderful?? :D
I swear...if you had a 5000sq ft house and put the chicks in the downstairs furthest corner/room away from your upstairs....third story level office, the dust would STILL manage to find you. It creeps everywhere....

I put plastic drop cloths over most of the furniture so that helps a lot with cleanup. But yeah, they are shockingly messy little buggers. I am looking forward to moving them outside soon.

I put plastic drop cloths over most of the furniture so that helps a lot with cleanup. But yeah, they are shockingly messy little buggers. I am looking forward to moving them outside soon.
I had my last batch of chicks inside for like 8 weeks and I definitely will never do that ever again!!! There was a pretty thick layer of dust over everything and it was nasty. :lau :sick 🤢🤮

To be clear, I am NOT one of those people that is upset by having to spend time with family. DH is my best friend in the entire world. But at the same time, I cannot help but be aware that the reason he am I are spending so much time together at home, is because he is on furlough (without pay) from his job and that is stressful too. I because I am very close with my family, I also miss getting together with other members of my family like my parents, brother, sister in law, nephews and nieces. I talk to them often on the phone, but I miss getting together in person.

And I think it is awesome that you have "everything you need" at home. That is a real tribute to how hard you have worked at homesteading. But a lot of us are not in the same situation. I certainly am not. I don't have archaeological collections, or reference libraries or lab spaces or a myriad of other things I need to do my job and my research. Yet I am expected to make progress on both anyways. And that is hard and stressful. I am 110% committed to self isolation for the sake of myself and others. But I can't say I am enjoying in the slightest. And I really don't think that is a negative reflection on me.

I hear ya, CSAchook! We're all wired differently and have different needs.

When my husband and I were first living together we had strong personalities. Still do. We had to learn to mesh them and accommodate one another.

Fortunately, he was a touring musician and sometimes he'd be away for 6-8 weeks at a time. Different set of stresses BUT I think we both valued our time alone as much as our time together. And I think we needed both to continue developing as individuals as well as working on our "unit" skills.

But I bet, however stressful it gets you guys will have skills to meet the demands. Just hang tight and employ all your decompressing skills.

Meanwhile, I'm assuming you can get whatever extensions are necessary for your level of post-grad or research work.

Last edited:
I had my last batch of chicks inside for like 8 weeks and I definitely will never do that ever again!!! There was a pretty thick layer of dust over everything and it was nasty. :lau :sick 🤢🤮

Me too! [And should I admit in public that they were on a counter in my kitchen? :oops: ] [ Well, at least not where I was cooking kitchen.]

But I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Although sweeping up was a constant occupation and the odor got intense if I wasn't changing bedding like every 48 hours, they were raised up at roughly shoulder height and got really friendly. My grandson ate it all up with a spoon. And when it was over, it was over.

If I do it again I will definitely have to figure out how to line their wire kennel with something that prevents them from kicking out the pine Every. Bloody. Minute. Maybe I'll make a see though vinyl liner that goes up the sides 12" or something. But, other than that, it was a rare opportunity to share space with 1000% adorable. Correction: 10000% adorable!

Yeah, I am definitely not keeping them inside that long! I am just trying to get everybody healthy and vigorous before they go outside. I had one that had really bad shipping stress and another recently developed a vent issue but I think (fingers crossed) those two problem babies are on the mend now.

Back
Top Bottom