Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Hate corona, like many others. Luckily no one is sick so far and we still have someone who's job is still concidered essential so weshe are still getting money. However, things have been crazy here since schools closed down. No break from the twin first graders, to mqny assignments and things to figure out. Yesterday, the boys had so much work that we started at 8:30 am, and didn't finish until 7:00 pm. It caused me headaches, neck aches, and frustation, literally. And i'm not the only one. Everybody that was helping with the boys work yesterday (including the boys) was incredibly frustrated by all the work.
That sounds like so much work for first graders!

Well I got my special daylilies planted.
If I grow tomatoes from seed, do I put the seeds in the ground or start them?
When I lived in zone 5 I had success with starting them inside early, or outside as soon as the soil warmed up. Quite often I don't pull tomato plants from the garden until well after the fall frosts start. During the season I'll toss or leave some damaged tomatoes on the ground in the spot I want tomatoes the following year and that often works very well.
For indoor starts I put some starter soil into small peat pots, plastic cups, whatever...or use the ones that expand when you wet them, set the seed, then place in a sunny window. On nicer days, if it's too cold at noght to plant them, I'll set them on the porch in the sunshine. Once the last frost date passes I get them out into the garden asap. If they are leggy by then, I just plant them deeper.

Apparently several meat packing companies are shutting down because they have so many sick workers! We may be eating a lot of chicken.
I read this totally wrong at first and super fast and thought it said children at first and I was like WHAT!? :eek: :th :oops:

If you make cardboard collars to put around your plants there will be a lot less weeds right up next to the plant. Just a square 12"x12" piece of cardboard or 4 layers of newspaper with a circle cut in the middle for your plants stem and a channel cut so you can slide it around the plant works wonders.
Thank you!! This is such a good idea!! Gonna try that this year!!

Well I got my special daylilies planted.
If I grow tomatoes from seed, do I put the seeds in the ground or start them?
Depends 😆 I start some of my own, and buy some plants. We are zone 5 and don't plant anything not cold hardy till Memorial weekend. Planting plants you always end up with transplant shock puts them behind a couple weeks usually. Some of my best tomato plants were planted right in the ground by my chickens 😆 get mowing around and wooahh, matter plants, mow around them and put up a cage on them, strongest bestest plants I've had.

ENERGY!!! I think that's all we got left. Think of it as a mandatory vacation. Plant veggies, plant flowers, catch up on your chicken duties, spend hours on the phone or laptop, stay up late, get up late, this is probably a good time of year for a quarantine-warmer weather, spring!
But I have to admit that me and Amazon have become best friends. I think I buy something every day even if it's a necessity. But I shouldn't go to diamonds.com anymore, I find it's too tempting. 🚫

Remember when I said I had a lot of seeds? That was an understatement.... 😂🙈

Separated by year... left to right... 2016-2020 (yes I bought more this year 😂:oops: )

@Kiki was right.... I am a bit of a hoarder 😂🙈

Actually, tbh I didn’t even realize how many or what I had because I have never gone through them until now.... :oops:

I went a bit crazy in 2017 😂😂

Anybody need some!? 😂🙈

View attachment 2080919View attachment 2080920View attachment 2080921View attachment 2080922

Girl, you are an optimist! 🤣🤣🤣

ENERGY!!! I think that's all we got left. Think of it as a mandatory vacation. Plant veggies, plant flowers, catch up on your chicken duties, spend hours on the phone or laptop, stay up late, get up late, this is probably a good time of year for a quarantine-warmer weather, spring!
But I have to admit that me and Amazon have become best friends. I think I buy something every day even if it's a necessity. But I shouldn't go to diamonds.com anymore, I find it's too tempting. 🚫
:love but also :lau

Back
Top Bottom