Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I'm not keeping up so I don't know who's trying to come to terms with diabetes but I agree with everyone who said don't mess around!

My husband's is now in control after a gastric bypass some years ago but he's losing his vision in one eye and it's not real hot in the other. He isn't planning to retire for a couple years but reading is very much a part of his professional life. So losing his eye sight is scary. So are the 2 shots he has to get in his eye every month -- one into the eyeball and one into the tissues behind his eyeball.

Seriously! Take care of yourself and prevent the things that will sneak up on you if you don't...

The little machine is cheap. What's expensive are the testing strips. You will not want to waste them.

There are all sorts of manufacturers who will be more than happy to give you one. Look for those offers! They more than make up for their costs on the glucometer by supplying you with test strips at retail cost.

I'm not keeping up so I don't know who's trying to come to terms with diabetes but I agree with everyone who said don't mess around!

My husband's is now in control after a gastric bypass some years ago but he's losing his vision in one eye and it's not real hot in the other. He isn't planning to retire for a couple years but reading is very much a part of his professional life. So losing his eye sight is scary. So are the 2 shots he has to get in his eye every month -- one into the eyeball and one into the tissues behind his eyeball.

Seriously! Take care of yourself and prevent the things that will sneak up on you if you don't...
That sounds absolutely terrifying and painful!! :eek:

Please tell me they at least put him under or put some numbing stuff on his eye or something!?

That's so sweet, I have been thinking about trying to cut something to fit the inside of the mask and attach it in a way that it would be removable so I could use it when I change out my mask each day, yes we are only given one mask a day and they are now talking about us using them for several days.
I hear you can make inserts from hepa vacuum bags for cotton masks.

I don’t have it (yet) but my numbers have been a little high the last few times I’ve gone. At least they were a few years ago. Not sure about this most recent time. I got tested but I haven’t gotten the results back yet. Need to call. But a few years ago I was prediabetic or close. I think it actually went down the next visit though so that I no longer was but was still slightly high even with fasting. Have no idea what it is now. But that’s why everybody is saying I should get the test kit thingie and check and/or start taking it seriously so I don’t get it.

I have heard that a woman gave the virus to her dog. Just the other day it was reported that a caretaker at a zoo spread it to tigers in her care.

I would think they should euthanize the animals to prevent it from jumping to another type of animal. Every time a virus jumps it makes it much more difficult to figure out what will be coming from it.

No I'm sorry, I'm just tired and frustrated with this all In general and I guess it just hit that exhausted nerve and I needed to vent. :hugs :hugs
You do know just how hard it is to breath in on of those while working. The more you exert yourself the harder it is to breath. It really does suck!
While I am not a nurse, I work in the dietary dept (so lets add on 90 degree temps) I appreciate your thoughts. My prayers are with your family who are even more on the front lines. :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
I had to wear masks at times,as a nurse. It is really bad when you have to wear a mask because you have a cold! And work 12 hours.

Please tell me they at least put him under or put some numbing stuff on his eye or something!?

Yes, of course they do. And that's what takes the longest part of the procedure.

Sometimes afterward he'll have tremendous pain but mostly not. It's just that he's past the point where they help his vision. Now they're just hoping to decrease the deterioration.

That's whatever it is. The point is so many of the eventual side effects come decades after the damage has been done. So take care of yourself NOW so you can prevent them!

Back
Top Bottom