Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I've asked myself over the years if I could ever do that. I can't. I would choose -- actually choose -- being the one who's killed rather than living with the thought that I had done it.

It took me a long time but I managed to work myself up to culling a mean rooster. That's my limit. It just is.
You mean to tell me if someone was breaking in to kill your family, you wouldn't defend them? I totally would.

You could always think if you needed to shoot someone to shoot too high or too low. May be enough to scare the creep.

I got to the point that I was taking the roos to a vet to euthanize. I just couldn't use an axe or anything violent. Now I put a tube down their throat and tube 45/60 ml of vodka. Eventually they fall asleep and die. A lot of times I hold them till it's over. :(
Oh man, there go the fuzzy navels!

Maybe I need to keep a brick next to the bed or a knife or something 😂

I've been told I look pretty impressive brandishing a chef's knife. Everyone knows to stay out of my kitchen!

Me too...if the dogs didn't beat me to it.....

My dogs would cower behind me, not very helpful. I have zero faith in them to defend me. At least they sound impressive when barking...

Conversation about literally killing other human beings (who are theoretically stealing for survival) are OK...

But conversations about racism aren't appropriate?

I tried. :confused: None so blind as he who will not see.

*raises hand, slinks away*

Depending on how you want it cut, it's not to hard to cut it yourself if it's long. My mom even used to cut her own in the mirror and it's quite short ("mom hair" length) - that would definitely make me nervous but she did it for years.

Bangs are definitely the easiest part, I've almost always done those myself since they seem to need it the most. Though I've been wearing them long the last few years so requires a lot less trimming.

Hubby sleeps with a sword next to the bed. Not sure if that's any better... He still doesn't want a gun in the house even though I'm quite comfortable with them.
Chances are a criminal will have something faster than a sword. That is a false sense of security

It starts by saying to yourself, I am enough. Doesn't mean you won't still be hard on yourself, but it helps to start recognizing the good things you do/are too.
It's all about balance.
Yeah, still working on that too. Although that said, I’ve actually been way better lately and I try not to let myself fall into negative thinking like that. I can usually catch myself now and stop it before I spiral but sometimes, mostly late at night, I still fall into the negative thinking and self talk and all that.

Which is why I’ve been trying to take care of myself better lately too and sleep and eat properly, get outside, etc. it does help but I could be having the greatest day ever and still sometimes think negative stuff. Usually not till after when I’m alone but still.

But I’m definitely way better than I was 7-8 years ago too when I couldn’t even think of 5 things I liked about myself 😂🙈 now I can think of quite a few, just need to remind myself of those haha

Back
Top Bottom