Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Good luck with that, every seed company I've looked at is sold out... Good thing I have some leftover from last yr, not going to be able to try some new one's like I planned though ....
I have a bazillion cause I always buy them every year even though I already have some 😂🙈

But conversations about racism aren't appropriate?

Ya'll have some REALLY wack priorities.
A good number of us aren't bothered by such conversations. :)
Yeah, still working on that too. Although that said, I’ve actually been way better lately and I try not to let myself fall into negative thinking like that. I can usually catch myself now and stop it before I spiral but sometimes, mostly late at night, I still fall into the negative thinking and self talk and all that.

Which is why I’ve been trying to take care of myself better lately too and sleep and eat properly, get outside, etc. it does help but I could be having the greatest day ever and still sometimes think negative stuff. Usually not till after when I’m alone but still.
That's when you crank up the tunes so loud you can't actually hear yourself think. ;)
We have otters in the river that goes around our property, as well as beavers.
I lurve otters 😍😍

We supposedly have them in our area and one day during some heavy rain I got all excited by what I thought was an otter hanging out in the deeper water by my bridge. Like SUPER excited....
Then I found out a few weeks later it was just a muskrat. 😟 Sadly dissapointed, but turns out momma muskrat was fairly friendly. So much so I have to be careful when I mow near the creek cuz the mower does not bother her. That, or she's deaf.

ESPECIALLY since our food supply IS secure, farms are continuing to produce just fine, truckers still be truckin' food.
Actually not, many are still working, I am, but many not. Truckers some are but not all. Farms?? You buying fresh produce? I am not, and restaurants closed. Most food I think being thrown away right now, if they have the workers even to do that...

Honestly same 😂😂🙈 I’ve seen a few videos of huskies and northern type breeds getting into a “pack howl” and I’m like nope... no way. Couldn’t do it. 😂🙈 I love dogs and I used to think it would be cute or funny but I feel like I’d get sick of it after the first few times 😂🙈 especially if I had a few of them doing pack howls regularly or baying 24/7. And you know how much I LOVE dogs, they’re my life, so this is huge coming from me 😂🙈

I love dogs. They’re amazing. :love even the wimpy ones 😂

Yet!!!

Trust me the group howl/bay is deafening.
Then there are the times the coon hound mix freaks cause I touch my handbag or keys.....total meltdown complete with a coon hound scream....that I didn't even know they could do.
Long story but after she nearly died and I literally syringe fed her for over a month she gets freaked out if I have to leave. She is slowly getting better.

Good luck with that, every seed company I've looked at is sold out... Good thing I have some leftover from last yr, not going to be able to try some new one's like I planned though ....

I have my stash! I already knew KDOGG had a stash of seeds too.

@seminolewind
seminolewind said:

I got to the point that I was taking the roos to a vet to euthanize. I just couldn't use an axe or anything violent. Now I put a tube down their throat and tube 45/60 ml of vodka. Eventually they fall asleep and die. A lot of times I hold them till it's over. :(

Huh? Vodka?? Do tell us more...
Chicken killer ninny here...even nasty mean roos.

Ok, still crazy curious over here...
Never heard of using vodka on chickens before.

Actually not, many are still working, I am, but many not. Truckers some are but not all. Farms?? You buying fresh produce? I am not, and restaurants closed. Most food I think being thrown away right now, if they have the workers even to do that...

Er... Yes? We bought oranges yesterday. Frozen spinach, radishes, bagged fresh spinach, zucchini, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms and lettuce too. We hadn't been shopping in a while so we got a lot of stuff. And all the dried/canned/frozen stuff was there too....

I'm sorry you're not working. But it's not reflective of the entire USA food system by any means.

Back
Top Bottom