Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

:lau I knew you were going to say something like that!! I also kept thinking “Ironic I am the one annoyed at excuses now” 😂🙈

I am dying laughing :lau :gig :lau

I’m going to be peeing in a second I’m sure.

Also, he already knows that! He supposedly has cut back or is trying or whatever but I don’t think so.
You aren't going to be laughing when he drops dead and you really have to find a job.

You aren't going to be laughing when he drops dead and you really have to find a job.
Eeeeeeeekkkk you got serious fast 😂 I thought we were kidding/joking around haha I am aware of this though. But the one good thing (if anything) about this whole thing is I’ve been forced to stay home and not spend anything. And I’ve already applied for health insurance in case I get it.

This covid-19 obviously doesn't care who you are & if you have comorbidities you can get SUPER sick from it &/or DIE... I refuse to sugarcoat it for my mother, I just tell her that if you get it you WILL die, so #StayHome until it passes or something is figured out. She has heart & lung disease...
My parents are still going places. 🙄 not many but they’ve gone to the grocery stores and stuff quite a bit and my mom is still working. I’ve been trying hard not to go anywhere even though I want to yet they are probably the ones that are going to bring it home to me.

In situations where resources were pooled everyone had something to contribute. If you have nothing I need in that type of situation I would turn you away. If you're stealing then how would I ever be able to trust you? If I give you food today, how could I trust you not to bring back your 12 friends tomorrow? If I suddenly say no, I can't help you? People are murdered every day for far less. If there were less police to handle crimes then I can definitely see some places getting out of hand for a minute.

For every argument there's a counterargument.

You're right - there is counter arguments to your claims for DAYS. With citations. I have the receipts. But they wouldn't change your mind. Facts rarely do change peoples minds. I mean, in truth, I'd love to see some citations for yours - like there's NO societies in the WHOLE of history where people who didn't contribute were cared for anyways?

But conveniently no historical event has ever supported this post-apocalyptic TV-show style world you've imagined. And corona certainly won't get us there. Guns either A) won't help you with Corona, or B) you will shoot people over some food when they're hungry.

So in line with your desires to be on subject; conversations about end of the world survival scenarios where people can fantasize about shooting other people without repercussions because society has collapsed are MUCH less relevant to this thread than, say, dealing with racism in our communities and nation to help facilitate EVERYONES health and safety.

Last edited:
if someone is breaking into my house, I'm not going to take the time to ask them if they're hungry or if they didn't have the right kind of community support! People don't break into people's homes for good reasons! Knock on a door and ask for food, you'd be fed. Break in, you deserve to be shot.

Lotta places knock on the door and ask to be fed and you'll get shot too. :T Do you REALLY think that's a viable option for hungry people trying to feed their families? To knock and ask?

ESPECIALLY if you're a minority? ESPECIALLY right now?

I mean nobody asks to be poor or wants to be in the situation where they have to break into a house. Nobody. You and I - we're very lucky we're not in that position. Poverty isn't a choice.

I can't make you value someones life over your stuff. That's your call. But I know which I value more.

Last edited:
Lotta places knock on the door and ask to be fed and you'll get shot too. :T Do you REALLY think that's a viable option for hungry people trying to feed their families? To knock and ask?

ESPECIALLY if you're a minority? ESPECIALLY right now?

I mean nobody asks to be poor or wants to be in the situation where they have to break into a house. Nobody. You and I - we're very lucky we're not in that position. Poverty isn't a choice.

I can't make you value someones life over your stuff. That's your call. But I know which I value more.
I disagree. I lived in a cardboard box when I was young. I was so hungry, I was literally starving to death. But I never stole a thing! I worked my butt off for everything I had and didn't take a drop of charity either. It is a choice. I chose to work two and three jobs, I chose to put seeds in the ground to feed myself and kids, and I chose not to complain about what I didn't have, or to say it was someone else's fault cuz they didn't like how I looked. Everything in life is about the choices we make and the consequences of those choices.

Back
Top Bottom