Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I am finding I am not enjoying the taste of anything I eat- even sweets, and other things I loved to eat. In fact I really don't care to eat or try anything at all. Does this ring a covid bell?

It does but it could be a symptom of stress or depression too. VERY common for those. Keep an eye on yourself and if you have any other symptoms consider requesting testing ASAP. You're in a high risk demographic just through age.

In other news I candled a bunch of the 36 eggs I set nine days ago and saw veins in every single one I checked and a lot of motion in most of those!

Nine more days and then lockdown! :O It feels like I set these eggs forever ago. I'm glad to see so many live embryos cause we had a 103.8*F spike on day 4-5, but they seem to be OK.

Incubator is still air and holding 101.8 on top of the eggs and 99.5 at the bottom of it ever since. Which seems perfect.

Exactly.

Hahahahaha that happened to me too! We just gotta keep trying.

Oh wow. Wow wow wow. Things are insane. I have to admit than about a month ago I hadn’t even heard of coronavirus. Now its everywhere and I hear at every 5 minutes.
I’m hoping my garden will be better and more organized this year but we’ll see 😂🙈

Last year I tried to weed a lot but it was hard
My garden is usually over run with gallant soldiers/quick weed. I hate weeding but can't grow nice onions without making sure they are weed free. Rest of garden I like winter squash and pumpkins big leaves drown out weeds. I do a semi three sisters garden. Everywhere else I just rip through it with a weed wacker 😆

Are you in the Metro area? Or is you son?
Yes, he is much closer, but so many city folk have second homes, they left and came out to more "rural" areas where I am located. They bought 700 freezers at the local appliance store and emptied the local shelves and meat cases. We have special store hours for 60 year olds plus from 6 am to 7:30 ( I dare not go.) Now they are installing one way arrows on the floors of the grocery stores and limit how many people enter the store. We had ~779 covid-19 deaths today, in NY, six in my local little hospital. It does not count the folks who die at home who could not get tested and suddenly turned worse.
Not a bad idea to keep a few extra things at home if you have space, if it comes to your area. Made homemade bread today.

Gurrrl... *shakes head*

Here's mine. Bigger bin on left is packets currently in use. Smaller bin is unopened packets, varieties that have fallen out of favor (but might try again), and plant markers. I have another bin in garage (which I use to carry seeds in and out in) that has maybe a dozen packets that I recently planted from.

View attachment 2081026

My friend in NYC said her friend's co-worker's son passed from it. Obviously not someone she knew directly but I think she's starting to get 9/11 flashbacks, where everyone knew someone who was directly affected.
I know 😂🙈

I think sometimes I had grand plans but then ended up being picky and only growing the few vegetables I knew I’d eat 😂🙈 this year I’m gonna expand though. I did some last year too. Grew way more kinds than before.

ETA: And that’s sad about her friend. :( sadly I think you are right that it will be like that.

It does but it could be a symptom of stress or depression too. VERY common for those. Keep an eye on yourself and if you have any other symptoms consider requesting testing ASAP. You're in a high risk demographic just through age.
My son had lost his sense of smell, but it is true for other things, too. My son took his temperature, too, which was a factor. Sore throat, body aches as well. Some folks are asymptomatic, without any drastic symptoms. Perhaps you may be lucky?

Back
Top Bottom