Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I had some blue powdered looking bugs... I burned them all. They were on the zucchini
Squash bugs. Another zucchini lover and leaf mildew spreader. They hide under the leaves often so sometimes I will put down a board for them to gather under, then flip it over and spray them all with soapy water. If it's close to sunset sometimes I spray the bugs right on the leaves.
Soapy water kills a lot of bugs without harming the plants, if used right.

They eat that?
My birds will eat anything that doesn't eat them first. Other than toxic no nos, I'll give my girls anything. In moderation of course.

And I agree, the plant is a squash type. Quite often I'll toss squash seeds or bad veggies down for the girls and usually see whatever I gave them the previous fall trying to grow in the spring.
Same for a cold compost pile.

Last edited:
Squash bugs. Another zucchini lover and leaf mildew spreader. They hide under the leaves often so sometimes I will put down a board for them to gather under, then flip it over and spray them all with soapy water. If it's close to sunset sometimes I spray the bugs right on the leaves.
Soapy water kills a lot of bugs without harming the pants, if used right.

My birds will eat anything that doesn't eat them first. Other than toxic no nos, I'll give my girls anything. In moderation of course.

And I agree, the plant is a squash type. Quite often I'll toss squash seeds or bad veggies down for the girls and usually see whatever I gave them the previous fall trying to grow in the spring.
Same for a cold compost pile.
Thanks for that info. I burnt the leaves and took the whole plant out

Well Covid is just giving me an excuse to be myself, stay home, stay away from people (I'm not really anti-social but not one to go into town without an excuse) . Now I'm not the only hermit 😉. Actually my husband is immune suppressed due to Kidney transplant and we have a grumpy old friend living on the property that has COPD so I'm scared 💩Less 🤗 Our grandson has been here with us since spring break cause my daughter is a Director at a memory care center so the poor kid isn't gonna be doing any socializing with school friends anytime soon

So the mystery vine growing my mom says is pumpkins... My mom is never wrong :lau (I must say this because she is my mom LOL)

It really perked up doing that pool garden for it.

This virus has really taught me to upcycle things. Everything can be made into something, you just need an imagination to see it. I guess I have a good imagination and I have been watching far too many youtube videos.

Back
Top Bottom