Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

We went out today to get dog food - we get two 30lb bags at a time so we only go once every couple of months. Between this trip and the last our oldest dog turned 13, so we took her out on this trip to pick out some toys and snacks. Normally we'd go out on the day of, but we're trying to keep trips to a bare minimum still whenever possible so it's substantially belated.
We came home with a dog-safe "whoopie pie" amongst some other things. She didn't pick out a single toy and didn't even want the squeaky tennis balls we got her very much. But I have a video of her having her birthday snack. :)
Cronch.
:love:love

I personally don’t think commercials are good now. :oops: at least not most of them. They’re not creative at all and most are just stupid and annoying, obnoxious, etc. or too short cause they try to cram 20 million into the space now and make more money as opposed to just a few good ones. Also commercials I feel like take up way more time now. It’s like half the show 😂🤣 or at least like 10-20 minutes of it depending if it’s a half hour or hour. Ridiculous.

Something like this one... adorable, funny, creative, etc. I could watch over and over again. I wish they’d go back to it. More people would buy the products I think instead of just going “nahh, that’s that obnoxious company.”

Even the Super Bowl commercials, which used to be quite good and were always my favorite part, are usually quite stupid and not funny now. :(

It’s like they just don’t even try anymore.

Sorry for the rant 😂🤣🙈

I probably sound like I’m a hundred years old lol
Do a search on funny tv commercials ... or just TV commercials of any particular decade and sit back for some real entertainment.

The razor ads all touted "Noelco!" It was hysterical! And did you know that the Marlboro man died of lung cancer and his wife sued the company for forcing him to smoke multiple packs a day? She LOST and had to pay Marlboro's court costs ... and still lost her husband.

You and I must have been playing in the same mud puddle as kids! But that's okay, because we also got to watch Paul Lynde on the old Hollywood Squares ... which was a giggly "guilty" joy that today's video & super-graphic movie watchers will never know the equivalent of ...
More's the pity, that!
I watched a documentary on the Marlboro Man and his life

I watched Rocky and Bullwinkle... My oldest watched all the Dr. Who’s from back then. He also watches many things from back then, he loves history.
We used to watch that one all the time too haha never seen the old Dr Who’s though but I want to. I want to watch the new ones too hahah seen a few of those. The really old original ones are hard to find now at least some of the episodes haha

Update on the storm damage. DD took a few pics (the next day) that give some perspective on high the water came ... and it was already going down some when we went walkabout the first time. These are paired up with the ones we took right after the storm - at least as close to before/after as I could get them:

The white thingy in the foreground is a base marker the kids use when playing ball. In the second shot, you can see the creek, within its' banks again, but still several feet above where it's supposed to be. You should not be able to see that much water from this angle!

Isa Back pre-creek.jpg Post Isa 2.jpg

This is the view from the edge of my woods, back toward my neighbor's place, away from the creek. The angles are a bit deceptive, but the two "right after" pictures are taken from almost the same point, just rotated to show both directions. There is about a 20 foor space in between them. At the time the pictures were taken, the entire 20 feet was covered with water!

Isa Back Yellow House2.jpg Isa Back from Ben Shed.jpg

This is pretty much the same picture, just taken in one shot. a day later ... and a tad less soggy! You can see the same pole, workshop and fence in both shots. It was WET!!!

Post Isa 6.jpg

We used to watch that one all the time too haha never seen the old Dr Who’s though but I want to. I want to watch the new ones too hahah seen a few of those. The really old original ones are hard to find now at least some of the episodes haha
When you watch Dr. Who, especially the earlier ones, here's a little bit of trivia ...
No one expected the show to get much of an audience, so they had an extremely limited budget. They were given $60 an episode. Most of that was spent on paint. They scrounged most of the rest from the studio's trash bins, dumpsters and leftovers from home projects. The reason the Dalek's look like painted cardboard boxes with people shuffling underneath them is because that's exactly what they were ... painted cardboard boxes with people shuffling underneath them! And yet ... it worked! What a great show ... "extra cheese" and all!

When you watch Dr. Who, especially the earlier ones, here's a little bit of trivia ...
No one expected the show to get much of an audience, so they had an extremely limited budget. They were given $60 an episode. Most of that was spent on paint. They scrounged most of the rest from the studio's trash bins, dumpsters and leftovers from home projects. The reason the Dalek's look like painted cardboard boxes with people shuffling underneath them is because that's exactly what they were ... painted cardboard boxes with people shuffling underneath them! And yet ... it worked! What a great show ... "extra cheese" and all!
Oh wow that’s amazing!! So cool haha

Back
Top Bottom