Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

The mask is inconvenient. Being in an ICU is a lot worse than inconvenient!!!
"Anti-science' and 'fantasy' medical advice are going full steam ahead, thanks to certain persons in high places, among other things. And the anti-vaccers, and I'll stop there. Makes me very angry and sad. It's tough to be embarrassed to be an American, and here we are.
Mary

"Anti-science' and 'fantasy' medical advice are going full steam ahead, thanks to certain persons in high places, among other things. And the anti-vaccers, and I'll stop there. Makes me very angry and sad. It's tough to be embarrassed to be an American, and here we are.
Mary
I’m not embarrassed to be an American. I’m disappointed in those that act childish over mask wearing. I saw KIDS wearing masks today, but grown adults throw fits about them. It’s an interesting time right now.

Last edited:
I’m not embarrassed to be an America. I’m disappointed in those that act childish over mask wearing. I saw KIDS wearing masks today, but grown adults throw fits about them. It’s an interesting time right now.
Well, that's one way to put it... "interesting...."
My biggest problem with the mask is how hot it gets under there! That, and nosebleeds.

My biggest problem with the mask is how hot it gets under there! That, and nosebleeds.
I have compromised lungs and I have complications breathing. I still wear my mask. I’ll pass out before I don’t wear one when there’s people around. I care a ton about others lives

Mary
I put them all in the same category, anti-vaccers, warriors against science, climate deniers and flat earthers.
How did the 6th most educated country end up with so many people in those categories.
Many people, including my wife have to wear a mask all day every day. She normally works 10 hours but 11 hours is mandatory for her this week. No exceptions for the mask.
I just came from the meat market 6 miles from my house for brats and bone in prime rib. The sign on the door says, "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Masks are required for entry."
They don't want to hear it.

Even though it is only 6 miles away, it takes forever to get there. It is in Ferguson, MO but one has to drive through Calverton Park to get there. The speed limit in Calverton is 20 mph.
On the way home there were two cars stopped and surrounded by police, both driven by black women.
If you think it is dangerous to be driving while black in Ferguson, it is worse to drive while black in Calverton. As short as the distance is, I drive through 6 cities to go those 6 miles.

Last edited:
x2! All in the 'flat earther' category for sure.
What ever happened to science, history, and health classes in grades one through twelve? Gone, I guess. It shouldn't take advanced degrees in college to get it!
Although I will say that as a science/ biology major in undergrad, we had some humanities and basic history type classes. The more 'liberal arts' types had no science or biology classes in college at all...
But then I'm 'more mature', and don't think that education, especially public education, has improved in the USA during my lifetime. Sour grapes, you bet! Every child must get a gold star for everything...
Being grumpy,
Mary

Many people, including my wife have to wear a mask all day every day. She normally works 10 hours but 11 hours is mandatory for her this week. No exceptions for the mask.
However, she is in the midst of a 5 days off work for her 35th annual all girls float trip on the Black River. I have my doubts they are practicing sufficient social distancing. I'll keep my distance when she returns. Most of the women are from a part of Illinois with quickly rising rates of infection.
Most of them are in the same political category of non-believers.

Back
Top Bottom