Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Ah, DnD remotely again tonight. This has been keeping me sane this pandemic. <3 I'm really glad to have it.

Today we fought a bunch of evil faeries impersonating an elephant-bug demon (they were casting an illusion). When we figured out they were faeries one of our party members just started throwing a ton of copper coins at them by flinging them out of a bag.
We also stole a magic battle hammer from the elephant demon by accident. But it's ours now 'cause it's cursed so we can't get rid of it.
As someone who does not play DnD... this sounds so weird.
Fun, too.
Probably not as weird as it would to someone who doesn't play a bunch of fantasy video games, though. And watch anime... and reads manga... etc., etc..

To be fair, this dungeon is extra weird. It's half-phased into a pocket dimension of a shadow world. We're trying to un-phase it by killing a bunch of demons. Most of our dungeons have been slightly more normal. We've fought several illusions and faced a bunch of weird traps here.
The weirdest was a swarm of illusory bees with human faces being cast by a gnome.

Also it's now collapsing on us and we're fleeing as fast as we can.

Last edited:
my toes are fine!! it's just that a mask isn't a big enough thing to argue about these days. Wearing one may be the solution instead of isolation. I hope there will be an end to all this soon
It will be mostly over soon, I'd say by November 2021. A little over a year and after the herd is thinned and the economy is so bad, no one can afford to travel anywhere which further spreads the virus.

The future homeless catastrophe has me worried. 32% of American households are in danger of eviction or foreclosure. Where will a hundred million people live when they can't buy a house or get an apartment?

Last edited:
It will be mostly over soon, I'd say by November 2021. A little over a year and after the herd is thinned and the economy is so bad, no one can afford to travel anywhere.

The future homeless catastrophe has me worried. 32% of American households are in danger of eviction or foreclosure. Where will a hundred million people live when they can't buy a house or get an apartment?
the angry mobs scare me! people with noting to lose and all kinds of time on their hands

It’s either a mask or ICU....

Trust me you don’t want to go to the icu... they don’t even have toilet paper or bathrooms to use. No showers or any luxuries.
As bad as the ICU is for oneself (BTDT) it's far worse seeing your child in ICU/PICU.....BTDT too and hope I never have to do it again!

Last edited:
If you get a minute, look up Edward Aguillar. He is a high school junior in Alpharetta, Georgia.
He started a non-profit to distribute PPE. He has amassed a volunteer corps of 900. Distributing around Georgia and 6 other states, they have distributed more masks than FEMA.
And he doesn't even have a car! He gets around on a skateboard.
:eek:

ETA
I found a link.
https://www.npr.org/2020/07/25/8953...-print-and-deliver-ppe-to-health-care-workers

Last edited:
It will be mostly over soon, I'd say by November 2021. A little over a year and after the herd is thinned and the economy is so bad, no one can afford to travel anywhere.

the angry mobs scare me! people with noting to lose and all kinds of time on their hands
I was thinking about this just yesterday.

I'm out a little ways from town, which is good, but not so far out that I don't have neighbors close by who would notice something strange, which is also good. And the only time I'm thankful for nosy neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom