Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Oh! You grew those? That's so great!
View attachment 2353086

You must have a lot of space to be able to grow so many varieties, Snapdragon. A single volunteer vine has taken over my tiny garden space. I have to cut away sections just to keep the path to my compost pile clear.
I used to grow more and some really tasty gourmet varieties, but since moving here my garden space is much smaller. Still, I grew some sugar pie pumpkins this year and got about 30 from 3 or 4 plants. I let them go wild into the yard area and climb over a section of cattle panel fence I had set up for the sweet potato vines to go up.
The smaller pumpkins did really well and I might try some of my favorites next year like my beloved Jarrahdales (bigger blue one in front) or Sweet Meat (smaller smooth blue one.)
I think I can get those to spread over a trellis of some sort and sling the pumpkins as they gain size and weight. Fingers crossed.

I highly recommend the above as well as Musquee De Provence. (Cinderella type)
Jarrahdales and Sweet Meat taste like giant sweet potatoes and MDP is a nice cooking pumpkin that can feed a crowd.

We actually had a 3 day vacation. B & B had an excellent Covid protocol, and all folks are masking per the governor's mandate. Outdoor dining in the wind rain is a new experience.
welcome back! glad it went well! my family group of 6 actually went to an Italian restaurant last night for indoor dining--we sat alone in their back "large group" room and it was safe and felt normal. fyi: we all thought you were on a dog getting trip for Princess!

Back
Top Bottom