Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Good reading, how things should be done.
Here' it's been more like 'fantasy land', not the same at all.
Mary
I find the various approaches taken by different countries interesting.
I see Sweden has succumbed to media and international pressure to implement restrictive measures due to the inevitable spike.

We now seem to be in the 'it's everywhere' phase of the pandemic, not a good place at all. Opportunities lost all year, can't be undone. We have to keep isolating ourselves as much as possible and pray for good results as vaccinations come available.
I remember getting the new polio vaccines; one at school standing in line in the gym, and one at the doctor's office.
Nobody dinked around avoiding those vaccines!
Mary

We now seem to be in the 'it's everywhere' phase of the pandemic, not a good place at all. Opportunities lost all year, can't be undone. We have to keep isolating ourselves as much as possible and pray for good results as vaccinations come available.
I remember getting the new polio vaccines; one at school standing in line in the gym, and one at the doctor's office.
Nobody dinked around avoiding those vaccines!
Mary
I'll stick with the isolating. The last lot that prayed here caught the virus at church.
Thankfully they've shut the churches down here.

Howdy folks, the numbers are getting rougher in my state (Oklahoma), yet the only restrictions are making bars and restaurants close at 11p... Which sounds like a normal closing time, honestly? There's a mask mandate in my city, but about half of the surrounding suburbs don't have one. Seems to be business as usual. My partner is WFH until summer of 21, but my office job says I can't? Irritating.

Also my 22 year old sister keeps going out to bars and then visiting our grandparents. Words cannot explain how angry I am at her about that.

I'll stick with the isolating. The last lot that prayed here caught the virus at church.
Thankfully they've shut the churches down here.
:frowHey there Catalonian.... Been a while since I've seen you stick head around here. How's your sanity holding up as we head into the winter season? Think you'll see any of the wet white stuff in the coming months? Your flock all settled in for the winter as well?

Howdy folks, the numbers are getting rougher in my state (Oklahoma), yet the only restrictions are making bars and restaurants close at 11p... Which sounds like a normal closing time, honestly? There's a mask mandate in my city, but about half of the surrounding suburbs don't have one. Seems to be business as usual. My partner is WFH until summer of 21, but my office job says I can't? Irritating.

Also my 22 year old sister keeps going out to bars and then visiting our grandparents. Words cannot explain how angry I am at her about that.
A) welcome newbie to the co-miserating thread. :hugs
B) I sooooo, know your frustrations with siblings *cavalier actions* lost F-i-L a few weeks back to other in-laws that are anti-maskers up in Durant.
C) you ready for the cold snap sliding thru with rain tonight/tomorrow?
D) your flock ready for the winter season as well?

A) welcome newbie to the co-miserating thread. :hugs
B) I sooooo, know your frustrations with siblings *cavalier actions* lost F-i-L a few weeks back to other in-laws that are anti-maskers up in Durant.
C) you ready for the cold snap sliding thru with rain tonight/tomorrow?
D) your flock ready for the winter season as well?
A) thank you :)
B) IT SUUUUCKS oh my god. She wears her mask and so do the grandparents, but not when they're around each other, and I'm like YOU GUYS THAT'S THE POINT.
C) highs of 50s, lows in the 20s-30s here for the next few days. I personally am not happy about it.
D) I don't have a water de-icer, which is what I'm most concerned about. Plus we don't have an outdoor power outlet that I can see, so I'm not 100% sure how I'm gonna deal with that. My plan for the time being is dump their water in the morning and refill it from the kitchen sink before work, and look in to other options, I guess.

How did you/have you winterize(d) your coop?

:frowHey there Catalonian.... Been a while since I've seen you stick head around here. How's your sanity holding up as we head into the winter season? Think you'll see any of the wet white stuff in the coming months? Your flock all settled in for the winter as well?
Hello. :)
My sanity expired long before Covid arrived.:D
We had five minutes of snow a couple of weeks ago. I expect we will get the usual couple of days of snow early next year. Nothing to complain about really.
Most have moulted or are adding the finishing touches now. I've got one hen who got attacked by a Goshawk mid moult and the stress and the medication for the subsequent infection seems to have delayed her moulting progress.
A bit to do on a couple of coops yet but no problems compared to many here who get months of sub zero temperatures.

A) thank you :)
B) IT SUUUUCKS oh my god. She wears her mask and so do the grandparents, but not when they're around each other, and I'm like YOU GUYS THAT'S THE POINT.
C) highs of 50s, lows in the 20s-30s here for the next few days. I personally am not happy about it.
D) I don't have a water de-icer, which is what I'm most concerned about. Plus we don't have an outdoor power outlet that I can see, so I'm not 100% sure how I'm gonna deal with that. My plan for the time being is dump their water in the morning and refill it from the kitchen sink before work, and look in to other options, I guess.

How did you/have you winterize(d) your coop?
Well, here our coop build thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/our-coop-run-in-north-texas.1342255/

I wasn't able to get the conduit trenched and run out to the coop this summer.... So the extension cord is gonna run a 2nd winter to the coop.

The water in the coop had not frozen last winter but, the outside hanging units would crsut over during the night. So looks like I'll be switching my water freshening to morning over the next week....

Back
Top Bottom