Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

How do you suggest we get rid of the virus if wearing masks, social distancing, and the vaccine doesn’t work?
But these things DO work - if there is compliance. Countries that observe these practices are already back to normal.

How often would you guys say you buy feed? How many birds / animals do you have & how much feed do you normally buy?

Sorry for my feed obsession. I’m just curious. :oops:

For me, I buy feed bi-weekly. I have a total of 24 chickens, almost 30 guineas, 7 call ducks, and 10 quail. I buy anywhere from 4-6 50lb bags of feed when I go. I also have reptiles indoors, and I buy them feeder crickets every other week as well. I usually buy 50-60 at a time at ¢13 per cricket. I only have to buy feed for my rabbit once a month, he doesn’t really eat all that much. I buy cat food bi-weekly, and get a 25lb bag, usually.
Hmm. I have 3 horses, 6 cats, about 50 chickens and 25 ducks. And lots of big healthy rats. 🧐I buy twice a week and serve it moistened with water in feed bowls to promote hydration and stop feed loss. Hmm, Thinking about training my roosters to eat rats. That would cut down on losses 😄

Second thought... good idea

Yeah but you lied to me. It's not true. I'm heartbroken that you're a liar. You got my hopes up and now they're DASHED, DASHED I TELL YOU.

You shared a screencap from a galaxy brain blogger, spawned from a tiny piece of misinformation spread by a covid-hoaxxer. I wanted reliable sterilization and now I'm not gonna get it, and I blame you for my ruined dreams.

Yeah, I know. I was asking that, if the other poster believes those don’t work, then what they thought was a correct course of action.
Sorry. Seems I jumped in to the middle of your conversation and misunderstood your intent. Man! I wish Americans would actually UNITE on this, just for a while, until we get this virus under control! I like Biden's 100 days idea. It would save so many lives. People gripe about masks but they sure beat respirators!

Sorry. Seems I jumped in to the middle of your conversation and misunderstood your intent. Man! I wish Americans would actually UNITE on this, just for a while, until we get this virus under control! I like Biden's 100 days idea. It would save so many lives. People gripe about masks but they sure beat respirators!

100 days could solve it (and I'm hopeful!), but we REALLY need more funding for hospitals and coronavirus relief bills to help keep people from going into work sick. I'm not sure he's changing any hearts and minds but I can dream. Practically speaking, despite MASSIVE case counts I know some people considering getting jobs at the location G just got sick from because they've burned through their savings and they're on furlough basically. :( We're actually helping them out however we can so they don't have to risk it for the brisket as the kids say. It's sorely needed.

In my ideal world we'd all get paid to just stay home if we wanted to so nobody who didn't wanna get sick would. But that aint happening.....

Well, not really. The blog quoted refers to Michael Yeadon who hasn't been with Pfizer in the time the research in question was conducted and, altho he once was a corporate officer of Pfizer, it isn't clear that he is or was a scientist qualified to interpret the research.

I'm also inclined to wonder why no other researchers have weighed in on such a shocking allegation. But the vaccine is in testing and surely such a claim, IF legitimate, will be investigated before a vaccine is released for public use.

The post is revelatory, however, on where you get the information on which you base opinions like masks are useless.

Last edited:
So sorry for what your family is going through, Blue Hen. I hope your daughter will escape infection.

I wish we could ALL escape people who are so clueless they'd show up with symptoms to ask if they should work too!
Thanks, Rainey. We can only do what we can. Our family has a very strong faith in God. That really helps. It certainly gives us courage, peace and hope, whatever happens.

Back
Top Bottom