Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

thats a pretty heavy hand your showing in this "game of life".... why the urgency for "laying your hand on the table"? If I may ask the obvious semi-nosey question.....
Living in California, I see some people not wearing there mask or wearing it wrong, and not distancing. I have to run out the door once in a while for supplies and that's when it might get me. And hearing about the new strain is worry some. Just been thinking about my odds.

The new strain is supposedly more transmissible BUT no more lethal, which is important, and equally remedial via the vaccine, also very important and reassuring.

If it makes you feel better, acrylic face shields are inexpensive and I've been reusing one for at least a month. It's getting scratched and I'll probably have to go to a second one but they seem to come in lots of 10 on Amazon.

One layer of protection is good. A second one is better. If you avoid the people who don't wear masks or wear them ineffectively that's a third layer of protection.

That’s ok, glad to hear it. Do they get it from the blood bank? Are they still asking people that have had it to donate plasma?
Hospital blood bank. Yes, still doing lots of plasma drives. Some people are even doing internet GoFundMe style websites encouraging plasma donations for loved ones who need it. There was a young father in my area who did this recently. The treatment did seem to help him once he received a private donation.

www.wmtw.com/amp/article/maine-man-fighting-covid-19-receives-plasma-donation-after-wifes-plea-for-help/35092877

Our town relies heavily on tourism and unfortunately the restrictions (plus fines if they are violated) have really made a mark on everyone's life, this is a town where basically everyone has their own shops and restaurants etc (basically no multinationals or conglomerates) people work the land and go to markets to sell.
It's really frustrating and sad because we know and have seen first hand some pretty dirty things that the government is doing to inflate the statistics (sorry just had to say it, I know it's politics so if anyone asks I won't go into detail). The disease itself hasn't killed many people (in reality a few people that had preexisting health related issues) the hospital in the area was supposed to receive sick people from all the communities around (again things weren't happening the way the authorities said) and when someone caught up on it and sued for the unjustified death of their relative they stopped accepting "covid" patients.

Truth is people here rather take their chances (whilst keeping social distancing and other health measures) than starve to death. It's just getting to that point...

Our town relies heavily on tourism and unfortunately the restrictions (plus fines if they are violated) have really made a mark on everyone's life, this is a town where basically everyone has their own shops and restaurants etc (basically no multinationals or conglomerates) people work the land and go to markets to sell.
It's really frustrating and sad because we know and have seen first hand some pretty dirty things that the government is doing to inflate the statistics (sorry just had to say it, I know it's politics so if anyone asks I won't go into detail). The disease itself hasn't killed many people (in reality a few people that had preexisting health related issues) the hospital in the area was supposed to receive sick people from all the communities around (again things weren't happening the way the authorities said) and when someone caught up on it and sued for the unjustified death of their relative they stopped accepting "covid" patients.

Truth is people here rather take their chances (whilst keeping social distancing and other health measures) than starve to death. It's just getting to that point...
If you have a town doctor they could prescribe all townspeople and visitors ivermectin and the IMASK+ protocol. You guys could be a community of freedom.

People on here keep saying the vaccine will protect against new strains as well, when msnbc Dr Gupta as well as other “experts” say we don’t even know of it will stop contraction and transmission of the current strain. I hope the vax will protect against multiple strains but therapeutics and preventatives are where I am most encouraged.

It really seems to depend on the patient. The men seem to do much better when they receive it, doesn’t seem to impact the women positively in the same positive way. That’s just my anecdotal evidence, though.

there’s a theory that people with type A blood are more likely to get seriously ill from the virus, while type O blood people exhibit less severe symptoms. Most of our donated convalescent plasma recipients are type A.
Are there any publications or research going on about this? I'm type A, in any case because of my age group wouldn't be vaccinated just yet.
Heard Pfizer is compiling info still on the people that are getting the vaccine to "fine tune" it... Doesn't inspire much confidence as it seems like they are saving millions if not billions on years of clinical trials with using the population to try out any side effect... Since we live in the country side we're not continously exposed to risk of contagion, but it would seem that eventually no one will be able to move around (even with social distancing and sanitation methods) unless they receive the vaccine.

If you have a town doctor they could prescribe all townspeople and visitors ivermectin and the IMASK+ protocol. You guys could be a community of freedom.

People on here keep saying the vaccine will protect against new strains as well, when msnbc Dr Gupta as well as other “experts” say we don’t even know of it will stop contraction and transmission of the current strain. I hope the vax will protect against multiple strains but therapeutics and preventatives are where I am most encouraged.
Thanks for the info, I guess we'd have to try and get the info to the mayor and see if they approve it, lots of politics, but certainly worth a try. Thanks again.

Update on the effects: Last night by about 8 hours after the shots we were both feeling some aching and tenderness. I'd say no more than 2 out of 10. We took some Aleve and were able to sleep (side sleepers) uninterrupted and normally. This morning there's still a bit of soreness. No more than 1 out of 10. I took another Aleve and I'll go about my day expecting not to think about it as events and activities distract.

Someone suggested we take Naproxin before we got injected. I may do that next time.

Back
Top Bottom