Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Update on the effects: Last night by about 8 hours after the shots we were both feeling some aching and tenderness. I'd say no more than 2 out of 10. We took some Aleve and were able to sleep (side sleepers) uninterrupted and normally. This morning there's still a bit of soreness. No more than 1 out of 10. I took another Aleve and I'll go about my day expecting not to think about it as events and activities distract.

Someone suggested we take Naproxin before we got injected. I may do that next time.

Princess and I just returned from getting vaccinated. We, too, got the Moderna vaccine. Hope that our reactions will be similar to yours.

D made me lunch today so I feel better while we work on the garden plan for this year.
Our seeds should be in soon. I wonder if the post office will be better this year.
I can't wait to see people outside again.

DSC_0026.JPG

Princess and I just returned from getting vaccinated. We, too, got the Moderna vaccine. Hope that our reactions will be similar to yours.

Excellent news! It's so good to see the Covid news around here change from "I've got it" to "I'm not going to get it".

Fingers crossed that all are soon getting vaccinated.

D made me lunch today so I feel better while we work on the garden plan for this year.
Our seeds should be in soon. I wonder if the post office will be better this year.
I can't wait to see people outside again.

View attachment 2497790

Looks delicious! And I'm so impressed that you're already planting in Ohio.

LOL! Well, you inspired me anyway. I went out and planted the rest of the garlic and shallots I didn't get in in the Fall. They'll be smaller than the ones that had the opportunity to develop strong root systems but who can't use more garlic and shallots?

Also, my hens have finally noticed it's Spring and started laying again. I actually had to buy eggs over the Winter. Then the youngest ones started giving us the 2 eggs a day that my husband has for breakfast but now we're accumulating and I have 2 dozen onhand. I'll be giving them away again soon I think.

We've been in Spring for at least a month now. It never really seemed to get to Winter. I picked ripe tomatoes at Christmas. My calla lilies which typically come at Easter are in bloom now. I've got irises and camellias too. Some of my deciduous trees still haven't lost their leaves.

Our town relies heavily on tourism and unfortunately the restrictions (plus fines if they are violated) have really made a mark on everyone's life, this is a town where basically everyone has their own shops and restaurants etc (basically no multinationals or conglomerates) people work the land and go to markets to sell.
It's really frustrating and sad because we know and have seen first hand some pretty dirty things that the government is doing to inflate the statistics (sorry just had to say it, I know it's politics so if anyone asks I won't go into detail). The disease itself hasn't killed many people (in reality a few people that had preexisting health related issues) the hospital in the area was supposed to receive sick people from all the communities around (again things weren't happening the way the authorities said) and when someone caught up on it and sued for the unjustified death of their relative they stopped accepting "covid" patients.

Truth is people here rather take their chances (whilst keeping social distancing and other health measures) than starve to death. It's just getting to that point...
I can understand this.

Our town relies heavily on tourism and unfortunately the restrictions (plus fines if they are violated) have really made a mark on everyone's life, this is a town where basically everyone has their own shops and restaurants etc (basically no multinationals or conglomerates) people work the land and go to markets to sell.
It's really frustrating and sad because we know and have seen first hand some pretty dirty things that the government is doing to inflate the statistics (sorry just had to say it, I know it's politics so if anyone asks I won't go into detail). The disease itself hasn't killed many people (in reality a few people that had preexisting health related issues) the hospital in the area was supposed to receive sick people from all the communities around (again things weren't happening the way the authorities said) and when someone caught up on it and sued for the unjustified death of their relative they stopped accepting "covid" patients.

Truth is people here rather take their chances (whilst keeping social distancing and other health measures) than starve to death. It's just getting to that point...
May I ask where you live?

Are there any publications or research going on about this? I'm type A, in any case because of my age group wouldn't be vaccinated just yet.
Heard Pfizer is compiling info still on the people that are getting the vaccine to "fine tune" it... Doesn't inspire much confidence as it seems like they are saving millions if not billions on years of clinical trials with using the population to try out any side effect... Since we live in the country side we're not continously exposed to risk of contagion, but it would seem that eventually no one will be able to move around (even with social distancing and sanitation methods) unless they receive the vaccine.
Hey Eden, I’m really not sure. PubMed is a great resource for credible science, and they have a lot of open source articles too.

Back
Top Bottom