Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

@h2oratt, @Molpet , and @cheepteach :

Wearing a mask while exercising outside is a conundrum! When the pandemic started and we really didn't know how far and long droplets stayed in the air, I would wear my mask 100% of the time while biking and running, even in 100+ heat on mountain roads and trails 🥵. I sounded like geriatric Darth Vader lol.

Now I always have one on and cover my mouth and nose when I'm within sight of anyone, but pull it down otherwise. Like everything, there's a wide range of recommendations about whether to wear masks while exercising or not. I err on the side of caution about masking for a lot of reasons, but really don't want to get sick and then take months/years to get back to my current fitness level.

My mom was on the phone like all morning and most of last night too and finally got us our appointments about like 40 mins ago ish. My dad apparently got his early this morning and didn’t get anyone else’s 😂🙄 but it’s all good cause he just got hers for her and I’m getting mine because of my asthma and weight, etc. The are different locations, times, and days, but that’s okay. We took what we could get haha

My mom was on the phone like all morning and most of last night too and finally got us our appointments about like 40 mins ago ish. My dad apparently got his early this morning and didn’t get anyone else’s 😂🙄 but it’s all good cause he just got hers for her and I’m getting mine because of my asthma and weight, etc. The are different locations, times, and days, but that’s okay. We took what we could get haha
I thought it was messy how people get vaccinated in different places and have to coop with patients, trying to make appointments just in my country. But this is probably a worldwide problem.

edit : patience

Last edited:
I thought it was messy how people get vaccinated in different places and have to coop with patients, trying to make appointments just in my country. But this is probably a worldwide problem.
Yeah, she was a wreck trying to make them! She was checking the website and calling tons and at first they said they didn’t have any (shipments delayed) so they couldn’t do it but then today somehow they could? And at one point she had one but then lost it cause the phone call took too long. :barnie it’s a nightmare here haha

they were apparently all gone by 9:30am too! :eek: and she made one for me but then once she did that, they wouldn’t let her book any more? So she had to call back to get hers! So ours are all different places and times.

My dad and I are the same day but totally different locations way away from each other!!! My mom is the day before but I’m not sure where. Mine is also at a bad time cause we’re supposed to be going somewhere and it’s late in the day lol oh well I guess.

I don’t think the virus cares. They mutate it’s what they do.
Any type of protein molecule, including DNA viruses such as Corona, might or might not mutate every time they replicate. Those mutations, over time, might make a difference to their own survival, or to their ability to infect people, or be different but not affect their hosts at all, or affect their hosts a lot, increasing infection in people.
When potential hosts are widespread, a virus has more opportunity to infect more people more quickly and find even more hosts and more opportunity to grow and possibly mutate.
When less hosts exist, such as when more people get vaccinated, the DNA virus can't find hosts to spread to, and even if they're a mutated form that's more dangerous or more spreadable, everybody they come in contact with has been vaccinated.

Any type of protein molecule, including DNA viruses such as Corona, might or might not mutate every time they replicate. Those mutations, over time, might make a difference to their own survival, or to their ability to infect people, or be different but not affect their hosts at all, or affect their hosts a lot, increasing infection in people.
When potential hosts are widespread, a virus has more opportunity to infect more people more quickly and find even more hosts and more opportunity to grow and possibly mutate.
When less hosts exist, such as when more people get vaccinated, the DNA virus can't find hosts to spread to, and even if they're a mutated form that's more dangerous or more spreadable, everybody they come in contact with has been vaccinated.

We don’t know if the vaccine stops a person from catching or spreading the virus. You seem to be assuming that the vaccine stops that. If it doesn’t then mutations could continue.

Also Corona viruses are RNA viruses.

FYI for anyone getting the Covid vaccine ... DO NOT get any vaccinations, for ANYTHING, within two weeks of getting your shot. I got a tetanus booster on Saturday (nasty dog bite!) I checked to make sure my antibiotics were not a problem (they're not) and kept today's vaccine appointment. That's when I found out that there is a mandatory 14 day waiting period after any other vaccine. Sure would have been nice to know that beforehand!

FYI for anyone getting the Covid vaccine ... DO NOT get any vaccinations, for ANYTHING, within two weeks of getting your shot. I got a tetanus booster on Saturday (nasty dog bite!) I checked to make sure my antibiotics were not a problem (they're not) and kept today's vaccine appointment. That's when I found out that there is a mandatory 14 day waiting period after any other vaccine. Sure would have been nice to know that beforehand!
Thanks for this information and so sorry about the dog bite!!!

Back
Top Bottom