Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Screenshot_20210414-105837_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210414-105815_Chrome.jpg

Interesting. The screenshot RebeccaRN posted above says "UPDATED information" from the World Health Organization, dated June 8, 2020.

But the World Health Organization website has this article, dated AFTER the update above (dated July 9, 2020) that says the following:

"Based on what we currently know, transmission of COVID-19 is primarily occurring from people when they have symptoms, and can also occur just before they develop symptoms, when they are in close proximity to others for prolonged periods of time. While someone who never develops symptoms can also pass the virus to others, it is still not clear to what extent this occurs and more research is needed in this area."

Note that it is almost impossible to tell at a given point in time whether someone is asymptomatic or is pre-symptomatic. But, regardless, WHO says BOTH types can transmit the virus to others.

Here is information that is even more updated:

Jan. 11, 2021 -- More than half of all COVID-19 cases transmit from people who don’t have any symptoms, according to a model developed by CDC researchers.

About 59% of transmission comes from people without symptoms, according to a new study published Thursday in JAMA Network Open. This includes 35% from people who infect others before they show symptoms and 24% from people who never develop any symptoms.

“The bottom line is controlling the COVID-19 pandemic really is going to require controlling the silent pandemic of transmission from persons without symptoms,” Jay Butler, one of the study authors SOURCE: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210110/59-percent-of-covid-cases-stem-from-asymptomatic-spread

Here is information that is even more updated:

Jan. 11, 2021 -- More than half of all COVID-19 cases transmit from people who don’t have any symptoms, according to a model developed by CDC researchers.

About 59% of transmission comes from people without symptoms, according to a new study published Thursday in JAMA Network Open. This includes 35% from people who infect others before they show symptoms and 24% from people who never develop any symptoms.

“The bottom line is controlling the COVID-19 pandemic really is going to require controlling the silent pandemic of transmission from persons without symptoms,” Jay Butler, one of the study authors SOURCE: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210110/59-percent-of-covid-cases-stem-from-asymptomatic-spread
Believe whatever source you want thats your prerogative

Lol they do know the occurrence of spread from those having no symptoms and its rarely.
While I disagree with your assertion that "they do know" (I think more research is needed), I agree that it is most likely rare.

Just like the blood clots of 6 in 6.8 million vaccinated people are rare, the medical community takes them seriously and has paused the J&J vaccine while they figure out how to best mitigate that risk. Same is true of the rare cases of covid transmission without symptoms: best to try to mitigate the risk as best we can even though it's unusual.

While I disagree with your assertion that "they do know" (I think more research is needed), I agree that it is most likely rare.

Just like the blood clots of 6 in 6.8 million vaccinated people are rare, the medical community takes them seriously and has paused the J&J vaccine while they figure out how to best mitigate that risk. Same is true of the rare cases of covid transmission without symptoms: best to try to mitigate the risk as best we can even though it's unusual.
Again if your worried wear your mask, social distance wash your hands and get the vaccine

Interesting. The screenshot RebeccaRN posted above says "UPDATED information" from the World Health Organization, dated June 8, 2020.

But the World Health Organization website has this article, dated AFTER the update above (dated July 9, 2020) that says the following:

"Based on what we currently know, transmission of COVID-19 is primarily occurring from people when they have symptoms, and can also occur just before they develop symptoms, when they are in close proximity to others for prolonged periods of time. While someone who never develops symptoms can also pass the virus to others, it is still not clear to what extent this occurs and more research is needed in this area."

Note that it is almost impossible to tell at a given point in time whether someone is asymptomatic or is pre-symptomatic. But, regardless, WHO says BOTH types can transmit the virus to others.
What about the Wuhan study? Did they just make that up? I think 10 million people is significant

Back
Top Bottom