Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

What about the Wuhan study? Did they just make that up? I think 10 million people is significant
Thank you for bringing this study to our attention. It looks valid to me, definitely not made up, lol.

The researchers on that project stated their conclusion as follows:

Prof Song said: "What this tells us is that the infection prevalence of Covid-19 was very low five to eight weeks after the end of lockdown in Wuhan.

"This work confirms that transmission of Covid-19 can be successfully controlled by well implemented non-pharmaceutical interventions, including face covering, hand hygiene, safe social distancing, contract tracing, and lockdown restrictions. Actually, mask wearing remains common in public places now in Wuhan."

However, the research team say that it is important to emphasise that the results of this study should be correctly interpreted.

Prof Song said: "The asymptomatic cases identified in the screening programme in Wuhan were truly asymptomatic, as none of them showed clinical symptoms before or during their follow-up isolation.

"But there is plenty of evidence elsewhere showing that people infected with Covid-19 may be temporarily asymptomatic and infectious before going on to develop symptoms.

"It's also very important to say that these asymptomatic cases were identified shortly after the relaxation of a very stringent lockdown in Wuhan that lasted more than 70 days. By then, the epidemic in Wuhan had been effectively brought under control.

Last edited:
Thank you for bringing this study to our attention. It looks valid to me, definitely not made up, lol.

The researchers on that project stated their conclusion as follows:

Prof Song said: "What this tells us is that the infection prevalence of Covid-19 was very low five to eight weeks after the end of lockdown in Wuhan.

"This work confirms that transmission of Covid-19 can be successfully controlled by well implemented non-pharmaceutical interventions, including face covering, hand hygiene, safe social distancing, contract tracing, and lockdown restrictions. Actually, mask wearing remains common in public places now in Wuhan."

However, the research team say that it is important to emphasise that the results of this study should be correctly interpreted.

Prof Song said: "The asymptomatic cases identified in the screening programme in Wuhan were truly asymptomatic, as none of them showed clinical symptoms before or during their follow-up isolation.

"But there is plenty of evidence elsewhere showing that people infected with Covid-19 may be temporarily asymptomatic and infectious before going on to develop symptoms.

"It's also very important to say that these asymptomatic cases were identified shortly after the relaxation of a very stringent lockdown in Wuhan that lasted more than 70 days. By then, the epidemic in Wuhan had been effectively brought under control.
None of that was said in the article I referenced

Screenshot_20210414-131439_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210414-131457_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210414-131532_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414-131532_Chrome.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20210414-131608_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414-131608_Chrome.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20210414-131625_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414-131625_Chrome.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 2
Well, no. I did my own research 😄 It was in the article I linked to in my comment when you click on the words "stated their conclusion as follows:". here, I'll make it easy for you.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/11/201130131511.htm
Regardless of lockdowns previously an asymptomatic positive person is an asymptomatic positive person and their viral load is extremely small and virus shedding time extremely short which is why they found them RARELY if at all able to spread the virus.

Back
Top Bottom