Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I got a digestive version of it and yes, I was quite sick. I could not swallow anything. I became dehydrated and was in the ER twice. Was sick all of January. Had to have potassium via IV and that stuff BURNS. I was admitted and kept a couple or three nights. My senses were affected and everything smelled like sewage or worse, even water. Yes, thank you, I'm mostly well now, but still tender from my esophagus down. I'm careful what I eat.

I wish everyone would get vaccinated for this simple reason: the more people that get Covid, even a very mild case that does not affect them much (like my grand- daughter, who gave it to me), the more it can mutate. And the more it mutates, the more likely it is to become resistant to vaccines, and/or even more deadly. Yes, coronaviruses have always been around. But why did this one cause a pandemic and why is it killing so many people? Because it is a NOVEL, or NEW virus. It is a mutation. The only way to stop it is for everybody to get vaccinated and keep it from mutating even further. That is my plea.
Not everyone can safely get a vaccine. For those the vaccine is worse (much, much worse) than the disease. Would you suggest that those get the vaccine anyway to make others feel safe?

Not everyone can safely get a vaccine. For those the vaccine is worse (much, much worse) than the disease. Would you suggest that those get the vaccine anyway to make others feel safe?
Just as a thought experiment: the absolute WORST that can happen in both these cases is death. One risks dying from covid without the vaccine; or if one is of the extremely rare cases, they may suffer death from the vaccine.

In the case of having the vaccine, at least they have done their part as a member of society in looking out, not just for themselves, but for others who are at risk of death from covid.

In the case of not having the vaccine, the person may still die of covid in the end. Without having helped anyone else.

Just a thought experiment, that's all. Oh, and it's not about making others "FEEL" safe; it is a fact that our planet is more safe if we achieve herd immunity, which requires 80% or so of people to be vaccinated.

covid vaccine risk latimes.PNG

That's not what you said though. You just said that a person has taken every vaccine if they've ever left the country which is not true.
I’m sure he didn’t mean it literally. Just that usually you have to get a lot of shots and stuff for international travel depending on where you’re going of course.

Back
Top Bottom