Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Our kids might not know what 911 felt like but they will never forget the yr, going on two, now they are saying maybe it will be three yrs of lockdown covid. Hard to believe with most of the USA schools have been open there is some never opened, and the new administration now saying they might not reopen even this next school yr this fall/Sept.
"Biden said Friday that K-12 schools "should probably all be open" in the fall for in-person learning"

"He said 'probably.' He did not say 'absolutely, 'we can't look in a crystal ball and say what September looks like." " Senior Adviser to the President Anita Dunn told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."
I'm so sad for your kids, my grandkids have been in school since August 2020

Not covid or chicken related but ..
DW and I had just worked several 12 hour night shifts in the ICU and were just getting to sleep when DS knocked on the door and said an airplane crashed into a building in NYC. I said "OK" and thought, 'That's actually happened before. In WWII a B-25 hit the Empire State Building.'
Then he knocked to tell us it happened again. I remember thinking, 'Okay, that's not an accident. I had better address this." Before my foot hit the ground though I told DW "Our reaction to this is going to be worst than the attack."

Someone referred to censorship on social media and I just want to remind everyone to always read the Terms of Service carefully before joining these free online platforms. Nothing is "free"; and the Terms of Service almost always say they can remove content for any reason (or no reason) and those who use the platform are required to agree to that before posting on the platform. They can also remove individuals from their service altogether. Again, since those who use it have paid nothing for the service, they can expect only nothing. (You get what you pay for, as they say.)

That is true of FB and Twitter, and probably most of the others. The only way to have truly free rein to say anything you want online is to own your online space and the servers and hosting behind it.

Media censorship is real but since they are private companies they are free to make choices about what they want to publish (and not publish). The only recourse there is to not give them eyeballs; get your news from elsewhere.

Someone referred to censorship on social media and I just want to remind everyone to always read the Terms of Service carefully before joining these free online platforms. Nothing is "free"; and the Terms of Service almost always say they can remove content for any reason (or no reason) and those who use the platform are required to agree to that before posting on the platform. They can also remove individuals from their service altogether. Again, since those who use it have paid nothing for the service, they can expect only nothing. (You get what you pay for, as they say.)

That is true of FB and Twitter, and probably most of the others. The only way to have truly free rein to say anything you want online is to own your online space and the servers and hosting behind it.

Media censorship is real but since they are private companies they are free to make choices about what they want to publish (and not publish). The only recourse there is to not give them eyeballs; get your news from elsewhere.
You are right that they are private and technically not covered by the 1st ammend.
What will be decided is; is this defacto censorship by the govt. since they have been given immunity from lawsuits and have been found to be closely working with law enforcement in investigations. They have also been actively quashing thought not in lockstep with the 'Party Line". IMHO

Last edited:
You are right that they are private and technically not covered by the 1st ammend.
What will be decided is; is this defacto censorship by the govt. since they have been given immunity from lawsuits and have been found to be closely working with law enforcement in investigations. They have also been actively quashing thought not in lockstep with the 'Party Line". IMHO
I am speaking in general, not about any specific situation; that would be against the BYC rules and being careful to always read the Terms of Service is a general recommendation for everyone who uses social media.

I think this is cool; and also hilarious, for some reason. 😄

Dutch researchers have trained bees, which have an unusually keen sense of smell, to identify samples infected with COVID-19, a finding they said could cut waiting times for test results to just seconds. ... It can take hours or days to get a COVID-19 test result, but the response from the bees is immediate.

91CCEA26-0105-4EF8-A59A-12B880B56ACD.jpeg

This vaers report from the cdc reports this baby died from nursing its freshly vaccinated mom.

People of child bearing age, please carefully consider the risks before you get the jab.

Back
Top Bottom