Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Feeling pretty anxious and afraid tonight. Louisiana currently has the worst COVID cases in the US. Our governor is talking about another lockdown, and word on the street is there'll probably be one announced in the next 2 weeks. I'm consoling myself with the fact that I have eggs in the incubator that I can watch hatch if we get locked down.

Anyone have any good news? Got a new puppy? Found a great new Worcestershire sauce?

Anyone have any good news? Got a new puppy? Found a great new Worcestershire sauce?
I borrowed a bread maker of someone who can't use it for a few months (renovating house) . Now I made my own bread a few times. We have a really great old mill in town that sells there own organicfreshly milled flour. I love it!

images

And I’m enjoying the 3 youngsters in my flock. 3 months old bantam RIR. They are real fun to look at. Behaving unpredictable and curious.
5B12EA74-FB24-493D-831B-DA7F39AEE10D.jpeg

Katrientje and Kwekky, my two young pullets.

Greetings all. I thought I would pop in and say hello. Just when we thought things were getting better, this Delta variant is starting to get ugly. I still don't go out all that much, never really did much since I retired but have been going mask-less for a few months now. I peeked at the infection rates for Massachusetts and they really are ticking up quickly. Primarily in the 22 to 39 year old age groups. However, the death rates from Covid are still worse for those 70 and above. Not good news. I'll be masking up in public again. Fortunately, I believe many of us have learned to live a little more simply from this whole Covid experience. And frankly, I just can't understand why something as simple as wearing a mask in crowded public places is still so difficult for a few. It's been proven to at least minimize transmission of not only Covid, but other respiratory illnesses. I have not had as much as a cold since the pandemic started. I have learned some useful internet skills such as GrubHub and Instacart. Awesome creations to help survive another shutdown. And say what you will about Amazon, but I still get my spray disinfectant from them. They say that "necessity is the Mother of invention." I think the Covid pandemic has clearly proved that. Good health to all of you.

I'll be masking up in public again. ..... And frankly, I just can't understand why something as simple as wearing a mask in crowded public places is still so difficult for a few.
Same here.
Wore a mask in the grocery store today.
Not just because I could get the new variant despite full vac,
but because I could spread it even if I didn't get sick

I doubt that the people working fast paced, physically demanding jobs feel the same.
Obviously, there are exceptions.

As in they get a pass from the mask, or have the right to be disgruntled about it but should voluntarily mask up outside of work?
It's not black and white, yes or no, all one way or the other.
Masks should be worn in situations where there is a risk of transmission.

Back
Top Bottom