Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

the price on the masks has raised though. If anybody else has favorites, let me know
Uniqlo has a pack of 3 masks for $15. Kinda pricey, but by far my favorite mask I have purchased through this entire pandemic.

Link to the Uniqlo Airism mask: https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/airism-face-mask-pack-of-3-437784.html?dwvar_437784_color=COL03

I recommend the size M as the best size unless you have a larger head. I have a pretty average sized head and the M is great. DB has a beard and it fits well into this mask, not too tight and not too big on him.

ETA: We have ordered 3? 4? packs of these masks because we love them so much and keep losing them. Very flattering silhouette in the black too.
Avary, maybe try using a gentler detergent/no fabric softener or other additives when washing them?

Last edited:
A friend, his girlfriend, son and son's girlfriend have all contracted Covid as break through cases. Son and his girlfriend went to a funeral where everyone was unmasked and brought it home. Apparently all are significantly ill with fever and coughing, but have not needed hospitalization. I did not ask which vaccine they received. Caution is still needed.
:( hope they all recover soon.
My 6-year-old brought Covid home to us (we assume) from school. We are grateful that his case was very mild and he seems to have gotten over it without any complications. My husband and I are vaccinated, thankfully we have no symptoms, and have tested negative on the rapid test so far. I guess we have another week to go before we can say with 100% confidence we are in the clear.

My MIL tested negative on the rapid test, but they also gave her a PCR test b/c she has significant health problems, and she tested positive on that one. She is vaccinated. They gave her the antibody infusions as a preventative, and she never had any symptoms. I believe her 10 day isolation period ended yesterday.

Our four-year-old has tested negative so far, and has never had any symptoms. I hope vaccinations for younger children are approved soon.
:hugs good news that it didn't hard in your home and hopefully it stays that way 💜

In August, when I had that 'break through' case, the PCR test that I had at a local pharmacy was back in less that 24 hours. I got the call from the health department the next noon, even before the results appeared in my email.
It's never good when the health department calls with test results! The last time was years ago, about a rabies positive raccoon I sent in.
Mary

Last edited:
:hugs good news that it didn't hard in your home and hopefully it stays that way 💜
Tomorrow will be 10 days since my 6-year-old's isolation ended. MIL's isolation ended as well. She was asymptomatic the whole time. No new signs or symptoms to suggest the rest of us were (are) infected, so we are cautiously optimistic. The vaccines seem to be working for us so far, but I am concerned about breakthroughs...not so much for us, but for our older relatives.

Tomorrow will be 10 days since my 6-year-old's isolation ended. MIL's isolation ended as well. She was asymptomatic the whole time. No new signs or symptoms to suggest the rest of us were (are) infected, so we are cautiously optimistic. The vaccines seem to be working for us so far, but I am concerned about breakthroughs...not so much for us, but for our older relatives.
I am concerned that this virus will mutate to something the vaccine doesn’t protect us at all.

Back
Top Bottom