Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Yes and unfortunately my husband believed the hype. He also died 12 days ago in a crowded Anchorage Alaska hospital where he was housed in the emergency room with 30 other people until he went to the ICU.
He left the end of July to do a warranty job for his company never having a clue that he might not come back home. He was 56 and in good health.
:hugsMy deepest condolences. 💔

“As of August 30, 2021, there have been more than 369 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in the U.S. During this time, VAERS received 7,218 reports of death (0.0020%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine but a causal link to the vaccine has not been established, according to the CDC. "However, recent reports indicate a causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS, a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets- which has caused death," according to the CDC website.”

You are correct, no direct causal statistics. I did get the vaccine. Just pointing out the only info that seems to be available.
Thank you.

I'm generally in agreement with @BigBlueHen53. It seems that there are those who won't get vaccinated against Covid because they think the govt is trying to control them, that there is some subversive reason to have people vaccinated, same as with mask mandates. And many of those people aren't going to take the precautions the "overseers" are suggesting, if not outright mandating, because their "rights" are being taken away. What they don't consider is that they do not have a right to inflict a deadly disease on others and if they choose not to get vaccinated they should also choose to isolate.

I don't think the fact I am fully vaccinated, and as of Friday "boosted", makes me invincible, just safer should I get exposed. I still mask at the grocery store since we have a too high rate of cases.

Seriously (because tone is hard to read in forums), would you be okay with something like that?
Not as a form of shaming or anything but wouldn't it be nice if there was some indication that the vaccine had "taken" and you could feel safer out in public? Or know that it didn't and there is now no way in this world you want to be out where there are people who could be dispersing Covid?

I'm waiting till tomorrow to use one on me. If positive I'll just take this week off work, I work wed-sat 10hr shifts.
Good plan and excellent timing on the job schedule :D Hopefully you are negative. Sounds like the kids will make out OK and hopefully will not share with anyone else.

The least fewest vaccinated are minorities? They think the same as you said; " ain't no guv'mint gonna tell ME what to do!"
There is some bad history for minorities with regard to mistreatment by the medical community that make them suspicious. The Tuskegee syphilis experiment is one. I THINK that because the very same vaccine is given to all people of all races/backgrounds/ages (down to 12+), 409 million to date, makes it easier for them to consider the vaccine is not a threat to them.

I would think there would be a lot of consternation if someone came up with an experimental treatment for sickle cell anemia since it is primarily a disease of those with African ancestry.

Vermont did have a lower level of uptake by the BIPOC community of the Covid vaccine in the beginning but it has gotten much better. The latest data shows the white population (94% of the population) has 81% with at least one dose, the black community (1.4%) at 76%. Indigenous (.34%) at 30% and Pacific Islanders (.05%) at 29% is more concerning. Not sure why they are so low.

Your watching too much or reading too much crazy media conspiracy stories.
No one really believes that.
No one? Then why do those "theories" keep getting spread?

I personally called a poison control center with the ingredients to the vaccine and they told me that this stuff can kill you.
Lots of things will kill you if you are exposed to too much of them.

Yes and unfortunately my husband believed the hype. He also died 12 days ago in a crowded Anchorage Alaska hospital where he was housed in the emergency room with 30 other people until he went to the ICU.
He left the end of July to do a warranty job for his company never having a clue that he might not come back home. He was 56 and in good health.
@Jory, I am SO sorry for your loss, you must be living in a horrible whirlwind of emotions.
:hugs

I learned of titers when my sister got chicken pox as an adult and had a hard time with it. I was pregnant at the time and worried for my baby; I didn't get it when most kids in my kindergarten class did and didn't think I'd ever had it.
I guess your kids are older than mine since the chicken pox vaccine came out in 1995. (kids born '93 & '95)

Since you have had chicken pox you are at risk of getting shingles. Having had that, 1 of the 2 most painful experiences in my life the other being kidney stones, I suggest you look into getting the Shingrix shots. They hurt, noticeably more than the Covid vaccine, but WAY less than shingles.

I know. The level needed to be confident that all but the extreme outliers are immune hasn't been set yet.

Measles was set based on two people. Another disease was set with the people from one dorm. The "we don't know enough" reason given for why the level hasn't been set is really thin.
Yep when I got my job in healthcare first thing they did was make sure I had antibodies to German measles. I was of child bearing age. If you didn’t have it they gave you the jab.

I am so sorry for your loss. I didn’t know alaska was having a spike.

Not as a form of shaming or anything but wouldn't it be nice if there was some indication that the vaccine had "taken" and you could feel safer out in public? Or know that it didn't and there is now no way in this world you want to be out where there are people who could be dispersing Covid?

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Having a visible sign of vaccination status brings to mind yellow, six-pointed stars a little too much for my comfort level.

I guess your kids are older than mine since the chicken pox vaccine came out in 1995. (kids born '93 & '95)

Since you have had chicken pox you are at risk of getting shingles. Having had that, 1 of the 2 most painful experiences in my life the other being kidney stones, I suggest you look into getting the Shingrix shots. They hurt, noticeably more than the Covid vaccine, but WAY less than shingles.
My older kids had chicken pox before the vaccine came out. The youngest had the vaccine.

Yes, I vividly remember my grandparents having shingles. One had it badly around her neck :(

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Having a visible sign of vaccination status brings to mind yellow, six-pointed stars a little too much for my comfort level.
I agree with you. Right now, masks tend to be that visible indicator, at least in my area. There are signs up saying masks are only required/recommended for those not vaccinated. But guess what? I'm vaccinated but still mask in public. I get looks, like, What? Why aren't you vaccinated? I don't care. I know a lot of those unmasked people giving me that look are themselves possibly or probably not vaccinated. I don't judge them, and I can't stop them from judging me. Life goes on.

Back
Top Bottom