Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

First time on this thread.
Covid has not affected my life one bit except for the establishments that require masks to enter. Then it's whether I want to enter said establishment or not. In the beginning of the plannedemic I was working in a chemical plant. I had an official piece of paper saying I was an essential worker In case of a quarantine. The quarantine never happened in our area. Not much happened in our area to prevent us from carrying on as normal so that's what I/we did. I have since retired.
About the only thing is that I started taking vitamin C, D & zinc. Glad I did as my health has improved a little and I will probably continue when this is all over.
I do believe the virus exists. I have had the scare 3 times but each time tests came up negative. Each time I doubled up on the vites and swiped some of the Ivermectin I keep for worming the goats. Went back to the same old when the tests came back neg.
Mrs. Lobo had the vax, I did not.
I had worked in a chemical plant for 46 yrs when the covid hit. I am one of the people who played with the chemicals avery day for those 46 yrs. Due to that I have developed some health probs, mostly in the respiratory area, I am 65 yrs old so I have been in the plant all of my adult life. The probs I have is a light cough which is nothing to me but others will give me a dirty look.
Any way, I have heard all sides of the covid story, from the lies and half truths that Fauci and our government has told us, to the deaths it has caused, to the conspiracy theories. A little truth in there somewhere I'm sure, People died from it but most lived through it.
As for me and Mrs. Lobo, it is life as usual.
Sound like you are doing well.

But read the whole thing... look at the technical details at the bottom. "
I would have to ask Dr. Levine (VT state commissioner of health) how they come up with their "vaccinated vs not vaccinated" hospital, ICU and death numbers. I don't know if it is specified in any of the dept of health website pages. I'm sure wading through them would be tedious.

If I remember it correctly from my micro biology class, Smallpox was able to be irridicated because there are no carriers of smallpox.
By that I mean If you catch smallpox, you develop symptoms. They may be light or fatal, but you know you have it. This (and of course the vaccine) is why it no longer exist in the wild.
Some doubt this and believe it may still be lurking out there (including DW.)

If I remember it correctly from my micro biology class, Smallpox was able to be irridicated because there are no carriers of smallpox.
By that I mean If you catch smallpox, you develop symptoms. They may be light or fatal, but you know you have it. This (and of course the vaccine) is why it no longer exist in the wild.
Some doubt this and believe it may still be lurking out there (including DW.)
I read the WHO website where they declared the wild virus was eradicated. The first question that pops into my mind is: How do they know?

Particularly in light of information I’ve seen where they don’t seem to be completely sure it can’t be hosted by other species and transmitted zoonotically.

And declaring the wild strain eradicated doesn’t address the stored strains held by CDC and other world disease centers.

Smallpox is only a disease of humans, as is polio (just looked it up). Measles can infect some primates.
Some diseases are a lot tougher; Leptospirosis, bird borne encephalitis types, and rabies come to mind.
Mary
Might have been true until 2004:

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2004/10/monkeys-serve-first-animal-model-smallpox

I found that scary little tidbit as I was looking for the information I was referring to above. It’s almost as if we, as a species, can’t resist that whole “hold my beer and watch this” mentality.

Back
Top Bottom