Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

What is a footy thing? And that is how it spreads. As far as I am concerned we will all get it one way or another. It will be around for ever. Like a cold or flu virus. We just need to keep our health up and isolate if we have anything.
I agree. I don't really know what they were doing, just it was something to do with football.

That is from 2012?
Yup , 2012. I've heard a couple snippets of it, quotes of Fauci's on the news, figured I'd Google it , surprised Google didn't suppress it they do many things but this popped right up. First time I read the article he wrote also. Pretty scary stuff IMHO...

Yup , 2012. I've heard a couple snippets of it, quotes of Fauci's on the news, figured I'd Google it , surprised Google didn't suppress it they do many things but this popped right up. First time I read the article he wrote also. Pretty scary stuff IMHO...
Mine too, I feel like this has been in the works for a very long time.

Apparently the order limits non essential procedures for hospitals or systems with limited capacity - defined as below 10% of staffed bed capacity.
It's because of the news of the new variant.
Think they are "jumping the gun" on this new variant. I understand the fear but...
Danged if I can find it again but read something from Africa that from what they have seen so far just very mild cases with it.
They don't know what it is going to do yet, (CDC/WHO) what they said.
Think DW must have showed me the article beings I can't find it and she went to bed already. I'll have to ask her where she got it tomorrow, I ain't waking her up to ask her :oops:

I did find this she sent me earlier from the New England Journal of Medicine
(yes we are both obsessed with covid info Lol)

Severity of SARS-CoV-2 Reinfections as Compared with Primary Infections​

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QQFnoECDMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1PbvCSGGVsHsD_n1mJhKDu

Just a 'snippet';
""For reinfected persons, the median time between first infection and reinfection was 277 days (interquartile range, 179 to 315). The odds of severe disease at reinfection were 0.12 times (95% confidence interval [CI], 0.03 to 0.31) that at primary infection (Table 1). There were no cases of critical disease at reinfection and 28 cases at primary infection (Table S3), for an odds ratio of 0.00 (95% CI, 0.00 to 0.64). There were no cases of death from Covid-19 at reinfection and 7 cases at primary infection, resulting in an odds ratio of 0.00 (95% CI, 0.00 to 2.57). The odds of the composite outcome of severe, critical, or fatal disease at reinfection were 0.10 times (95% CI, 0.03 to 0.25) that at primary infection."

Back
Top Bottom