Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I use to smoke. I was up to 4 packs a day. Do to my health issues I am not able to be around smoke. I believe in your right to smoke but not the right to impair me. When folks stand at the entrance way (store, gas station ect..) smoking I am unable to get out of my car or leave the store until the smoke is gone. When they leave the cigarette burning I have to wait. Please be kind to those who can't be around it and be considerate. Thank you.
I like to think I'm a fairly considerate person. Had this particular woman explained to me your situation I would have put it out immediately

Omicron is the new virus everyone will running from.
It will be the talking point anyway. It isn't in my area yet (according to the state who has been saying they are watching closely for it.)

But the rates of people with covid in this area are higher than ever (and my county was highest in the nation for a while last year). What is different, is people at work are getting it at much higher rates than last year - all are vaxxed. Several are getting it despite both vaccinated and having had covid last year.

We are starting to think there is something to the misinformation about the vaccinations interfering with the effectiveness of natural immunity. So far, we could see the incidence and death rates not very well correlated to the vaccination rates but it could have been due to other factors.

1431C76B-1F55-4362-A411-911FE62B4066.png

NYT’s data on my parish. Looking pretty good, wish the below-65s were more vaxxed though. I guess I’ll take what we can get 😬

I like to think I'm a fairly considerate person. Had this particular woman explained to me your situation I would have put it out immediately
And what was the environment like such that she "needed" to be close enough to you to talk about you smoking where you were? Could she have avoided you easily? No need to accost someone doing something legal if you aren't "trapped". BTW cigarette smoke gives me migraines, DD1 as well. OK, on TOP of her 24 hour migraine.

Covid cases at out local hospital are now over 80% unvaccinated.

And what was the environment like such that she "needed" to be close enough to you to talk about you smoking where you were? Could she have avoided you easily? No need to accost someone doing something legal if you aren't "trapped". BTW cigarette smoke gives me migraines, DD1 as well. OK, on TOP of her 24 hour migraine.

Covid cases at out local hospital are now over 80% unvaccinated.
I was outside in a movie theater parking lot about 20 feet away from the entrance. She didnt have to be near me at all. In fact she was coming from the parking lot and headed right to me instead of to the door to enter the theater. I dont smoke around people without asking them first if they would mind. Just lighting up right next to people is rude. If anyone ever POLITELY asked me to put it out I would. I can honestly say Ive asked people before if they wouldnt mind putting out their cigar and when you are polite they usually do.

I’m currently recovering from covid. I was vaccinated in July but daughter isn’t and brought it home and we shared a drink before we knew she was sick. Covered coughs and sneezes, used hand sanitizer, lots of hand washing and we consistently sanitized surfaces every time we touched them. Also opened up the doors and windows over the long weekend, showered regularly and brushed my teeth. Hubs slept in the same bed with me and hung out with me for six days. He’s negative and I was what I consider to be sick for less than a week. Daughter had far worse body aches, a higher fever and her symptoms lasted longer. I’m planning to get my booster in January.

Back
Top Bottom