Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Current Covid hit to my life - extremely minor compared to those who have gotten a bad case, or had family members/friends die from it.

Tonight I will be making dinner for our anniversary, second year in a row, no going to a restaurant.
We've never gone out for our anniversary so Covid hasn't affected mine and hubbys relationship. The only thing it really affected was our wedding. For our anniversary we always get out some steaks from the freezer and he grills them. I make a nice salad and we have dinner candle lit and soft piano music plays on youtube. Its simple but its nice. We do the same thing for valentines as well. The restaurants are always too crowded and you have to wait hours for your meal

So far, the Omicron variant seems very contagious, but a mild illness. Current distancing, masking, hygiene, and vaccination precautions should be adequate.

I've been saying since May 2020 that SARS-CoV-2 lives here now. The public's and politicians' unwillingness to enact proper cordon sanitaire ensured that. We will be seeing annual/seasonal vaccines (like for flu) from here on out.

Last edited:
Gives you one night off?

I make dinner 7 days a week, a night out at a decent restaurant would be nice.
I only cook like 3 nights a week. He likes to take reruns to work so I always cook a lot. I dont really see it as "I get one night off" more like "I get one night of romance". My hubby is not the romantic type at all. I wouldnt mind having a trail of rose petals but at the same time I'd be the one who has to clean it up

Back
Top Bottom