Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Finished my xmas shopping today. I dont know if anyone else had noticed this but I've had some very rude/underqualified customer service lately...
I read an article yesterday that may shed some light on it. It said that the current problems were a boom for teens trying to enter the workforce. Older workers are being forced or bought out of work leaving spots open for younger (but less experienced) workers.
Most fast food places here open late and close early with lines out into the street.
There oviously understaffed and inexperienced (Placing an order is more of a suggestion.)
Try to cut them some slack. At least they showed up and are trying.

Last edited:
You make dinner every night?! :bow
Pretty much. Sometimes I get takeout.

Heating things up counts, right? If so, I'm in! :gig
If it counts, DW still fails ;) If I'm not here to make dinner it is either "snack" or take out.

My mom lived by those - serving them in her own dishes. I was in my 20s when I discovered most of my moms home cooked meals were actually Costco 😥
Is it fair to assume that you did NOT learn to cook from your mother?

And the meal is usually crappy.
You go to the wrong restaurants.

The word omicron is an anagram
Moronic, love it!

If it counts, DW still fails ;) If I'm not here to make dinner it is either "snack" or take out.

Moronic, love it!
Actually the quality and service in most restaurants has really gone down hill.

Moronic, love it!
Most restaurants that we have tried in our area I was not really impressed. My standard is pretty high though: if I can make it better and cheaper at home its not good. I usually stray away from italian restaurants because of this. I went to one in ohio that was authentic and amazing but Ive been to 2 in my area that its more greek than italian. We have a fav burger place that we went to on our first date that we go to a lot of the time when we eat out.

Today my mother went to the ER. My caretaker brother and his wife had "a cold" and gave it to her. I am far away from her but received a strange barely intelligible message from her on Wednesday saying I was her only hope so I immediately texted my brother to check on her. My brother and wife are late 30's, my mother is early 80's. She was 43 when she had him. All are fully vaccinated and that is why the young ones thought that they had a cold. Not proud of their carelessness as it may cost my mother her life.
Today my arm is sore because I got my 3rd shot booster yesterday as planned. Even b4 knowing what my mom was up against and because I am not an a-hole.
I brought my foster kittens into the Humane society to get their next vaccines against feline diseases because I care about them too and they are just kittens that are fostered. Seems a no brainer.
So even if I lose my mom, I will still have my brother and his wife.
This is how covid has effected me today.

Back
Top Bottom