Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

why fight to shop at a place that sucks? just find a better solution. they’re out there.
With all due respect, not necessarily. My family hasn't had issues with grocery stores (much) but some of us live in areas with similar lack of choices in many other types of stores or services. Sometimes "lack of choices" means zero choices. Even for pretty basic things.

With all due respect, not necessarily. My family hasn't had issues with grocery stores (much) but some of us live in areas with similar lack of choices in many other types of stores or services. Sometimes "lack of choices" means zero choices. Even for pretty basic things.
even smaller stores have adopted delivery or curbside pickup options since covid has reduced foot traffic through their doors.

unless you live in the middle of the atlantic ocean, there is a grocery store that will let you shop without setting foot inside somewhere nearby.

even if they don’t advertise it, it’s worth calling and asking as they’ve taken a massive beating over the last two years.

stacey’s problem is more due to her payment method than anything else.

One of the more frustrating things about it is trying to get people to believe it. Especially the people in overseas call centers but I digress.

If that was a challenge - what would you consider "nearby"?

One of the more frustrating things about it is trying to get people to believe it. Especially the people in overseas call centers but I digress.
what are you referring to here?
If that was a challenge - what would you consider "nearby"?
id consider within a half hour as nearby. i don’t think an hour round trip every two weeks is a huge imposition to fill your fridge and pantry with quality food.

what are you referring to here?

id consider within a half hour as nearby. i don’t think an hour round trip every two weeks is a huge imposition to fill your fridge and pantry with quality food.
Sorry, but for me it is. This is why I am eating gas station sandwich and bag of chips for dinner. If I could drive that far I wouldn't be on here with my Covid problems. Most place do not deliver to small towns. They don't have the drivers . I have looked into things like instacart. They say they will deliver here, sign up put in zip code and you get a pop that says sorry unavailable in your area. That is my main problem. Again Thank you all greatly. I am sure you all have your own stories to share with us.

Sorry, but for me it is. This is why I am eating gas station sandwich and bag of chips for dinner.
no need to be sorry. different priorities for different people.

i care way too much about what goes into my body to do that. driving a few minutes further for real food has infinitely more upside than downside.

I don't have that kind of money for gasoline. I am glad you do. I aso can not drive outside of my town. I wish the real store here didn't shut down do to Covid,so I could get real food that I want to eat. I cared about hunger pains more.

I don't have that kind of money for gasoline. I am glad you do. I aso can not drive outside of my town. I wish the real store here didn't shut down do to Covid,so I could get real food that I want to eat. I cared about hunger pains more.
i mean, we’re getting pretty far in the weeds here, aren’t we?

a gallon of gas is $3-4 and will take you 20+ miles.

horrible food will do more damage over time than extending yourself a little to get to a real supermarket.

Back
Top Bottom