Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

As for how Covid is affecting me: my DD lives in TX; I haven't seen her in 3 or 4 years. She recently came into some money and can afford to fly out to see me. But her husband is an adamant believer that the vaccines are evil and they won't get them. I'm pretty sure she'd have to be vaccinated to fly, plus I'd want her to be vaccinated to come here. Her husband called me a few days ago to tell me that I'll never see her again. And worse, neither will two of her children, who live with us.

My heart hurts.
I am so sorry to hear this. My heart breaks for you. I hope you all get to see each other. That was just mean of him.

Thanks, Stacey. I'm hoping to have a chat with her on the phone when I can tell her that he really can't stop her, if she wants to get vaccinated. It's her choice. But then... he could still prevent her from flying, I guess. I mean, he wouldn't hurt her, but., neither would he drive her to the airport. 😕

Call a local church and see if there is anyone who would be willing to help you shop. Call Salvation Army or United Way. Try Catholic Charities or your local Seventh-day Adventist church. Best wishes!

Catholic Charities was going to be my suggestion, too. You don't have to be Catholic. Their services are for everyone. If they can't find a way to help you directly they will work with you to find someone who can. Don't give up hope, there has to be some way for you to get basic groceries. Keeping you in my prayers, Stacey! :hugs

As for how Covid is affecting me: my DD lives in TX; I haven't seen her in 3 or 4 years. She recently came into some money and can afford to fly out to see me. But her husband is an adamant believer that the vaccines are evil and they won't get them. I'm pretty sure she'd have to be vaccinated to fly, plus I'd want her to be vaccinated to come here. Her husband called me a few days ago to tell me that I'll never see her again. And worse, neither will two of her children, who live with us.

My heart hurts.
Mine hurts for y'all too. My dear friend is in a similar situation - her daughter, son in law and grandchildren emmigrated to New Zealand several years ago. She was flying there to see them roughly once a year or every other year. She doesn't think she will ever see them again regardless of vaccination. NZ restrictions are so prohibitive (although, a week ago they said they will start to ease them - they have also said such things before and then tightened again before it happened). She had covid in 2020 so isn't concerned about getting it.

For what it is worth, vaccination is not required to fly within the US.

Her husband called me a few days ago to tell me that I'll never see her again.
Pretty easy to spot the EVIL in this situation. I'm so sorry.
Someone earlier spoke of a situation where they went to their MD to get vaccinated on the QT but started receiving mail from the Govt. following up and it clued their spouse. Privacy seems to have gone out the window with a lot of other things.

Someone earlier spoke of a situation where they went to their MD to get vaccinated on the QT but started receiving mail from the Govt. following up and it clued their spouse. Privacy seems to have gone out the window with a lot of other things.
a few things jump out here.

1. the government doesn’t send you mail when you get vaccinated.
2. any situation where you need to sneak around for something like a vaccine means you’re probably married to the wrong person

@BigBlueHen53 thats heartbreaking about your daughter. i hope she finds the courage to leave that guy. what he’s doing is textbook emotional abuse. i’m sorry it has caused such a big fracture in your family.

Back
Top Bottom