Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

But then... he could still prevent her from flying, I guess. I mean, he wouldn't hurt her, but., neither would he drive her to the airport
he can’t stop her from getting vaccinated and he can’t stop her from flying.

uber, lyft, car service, a friend who can give her a ride…all viable options. if she wants to fly out to see you but can’t afford any of those, i will pay for it. just message me privately to arrange something. family should never be kept from family.

your daughter is in an abusive relationship, and i’m sure it’s gut wrenching to watch it unfold from afar.

Mine hurts for y'all too. My dear friend is in a similar situation - her daughter, son in law and grandchildren emmigrated to New Zealand several years ago. She was flying there to see them roughly once a year or every other year. She doesn't think she will ever see them again regardless of vaccination. NZ restrictions are so prohibitive (although, a week ago they said they will start to ease them - they have also said such things before and then tightened again before it happened). She had covid in 2020 so isn't concerned about getting it.

For what it is worth, vaccination is not required to fly within the US.
I dont think its required here but I believe that they made it so if you travel outside the US you need a negative test within one day of travel. Not sure because things keep changing but this was the last I heard. I think travel is also banned for a few countries right now.

Pretty easy to spot the EVIL in this situation. I'm so sorry.
Someone earlier spoke of a situation where they went to their MD to get vaccinated on the QT but started receiving mail from the Govt. following up and it clued their spouse. Privacy seems to have gone out the window with a lot of other things.
Something like this is so upsetting. Perhaps once covid restrictions are gone he will change his mind? Covid has a lot of people on edge right now especially people who feel strongly one way or the other. I pray that he didnt mean that and just said it out of frustration.

1. the government doesn’t send you mail when you get vaccinated.
2. any situation where you need to sneak around for something like a vaccine means you’re probably married to the wrong person.
1) May not have been the Feds but regardless of which agency sent it the damage is done. I don't remember exactly who sent mine but it is a violation of the purpose of HIPPA laws.
2) That is clear. But a lot of people are in those situations and you have to choose your battles.

interesting. i never even gave my address when i got my shots. they handed me an after care FAQ kind of sheet when i left but that was it.
We had to fill out a series of forms, insurance cards, ID. I still don't understand why they want insurance cards when it is a free shot (even if you don't have insurance.)

Back
Top Bottom