Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

My elderly friend who is not vaccinated is now not allowed in her vaccinated daughter's life (daughter's choice), nor her daughter's childrens' lives.

Her vaccinated son (who recently got covid) however, hasn't banished her.
kind of backwards from the Big Blue Hen’s situation.

vaccinations are a personal choice. you don’t have to get one. but you do have to live with the consequences of not getting one. those include friends and family not wanting you around them.

Attachments

• 42A832D2-1F55-4983-9913-4F748A7AD668.jpeg
    42A832D2-1F55-4983-9913-4F748A7AD668.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 1
My daughter is recovering.
Timeline is around 28/11/2021 is the likely date of infection.
She got back to the UK from Poland without needing a PCR test because she is vaccinated on 30/11.
Felt ill and did a antigen/lateral flow test on that day which lit up like a Christmas tree.
PCR test next morning. Positive.
Daughter renamed Sick Note and banished to the front room where she watched endless Netflix while her husband and I schemed on various ways to keep her glued to the sofa. Copius cups of tea and eggs for a few days.
Keeping her glued to the sofa became a critical problem. Husband and I retired to the shed with the intention of making a solid door with a feeding pophole.
I just can't help designing stuff with chickens in mind.:confused:
Sofa showing signs of fidget wear patches. Husband and I trying to work out if we could attatch weights to her legs and a movement sensor rigged to an alarm in case she found the strength to drag herslf and the weights out of the room.
05/12 containment no longer seemed a realsitc option. Husband and I considering whether out combined construction skills could make the shed habitable.
Apparently my design looked remarkably like a chicken coop and lots of unpleasant insinuations were made about my one track mind.
Husband and I considering hitting the Vodka brought back from Poland.
08/12 daughter did antigen test in morning and one later in afternoon. Both negative.
Daughter now fussing around the house cleaning and moving all the carefully acumulated junk her husband and I knew the exact location of.
Husband and I back in the shed wondering if a wee touch of Covid wasn't a bad price to pay for a few days peace and quiet.:p

They say now it wasn't the goal or designed for that but that doesn't sound like how it was it was presented a year ago. If it fell short of expectations they should say that. I believe
they would be more trusted (perhaps I'M being naive here) It is still a lifesaver in it's present form.

Vaccines are encouraged in general because prevention versus treatment is always the preferred method when it comes to both personal and public health. The emphasis on vaccination is because the protection is so specific to CoVID. Other prevention methods that involve PHYSICAL barriers are preferred (such as physical distancing and masks) over other methods (nutrition, exercise, etc.) due to the tremendous variability in available products and each person's ability to metabolize and convert those oral supplements. Each method has its contribution. Some are more reliable for larger parts of the population. Hand hygiene, distancing, and masking are VERY helpful for MANY of our respiratory viruses, which is why flu was so rarely reported this past winter. People are moving about more this winter, so we are seeing the return of colds, RSV, and flu.

Regarding my previous comment about good science -- vaccines do have their limitations, and based on what I have observed here in the US, business as usual over worker health definitely has contributed to over-emphasis on the vaccine being the be-all and end-all. They are safe for anyone who does not have a known contraindication. However, I have been at my workplace long enough to see no less than three directors emphasize the economy, and pressure from two vastly different Presidents, to prioritize the almighty dollar over PROPER shutdowns, PROPER mandates, and PROPER care for the people of the United States. No Congressman has the spine to EVER enact proper cordon sanitaire, even when we had Ebola on our shores, because of how badly it would upset their corporate overlords.

Back
Top Bottom