Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Our household stayed on lockdown for two weeks, except for me. I drove delivered to Dollar General stores and was deemed an "essential employee". I became very popular because I got first dibs on bleach, TP, hand sanitizer and wipes as they came off the truck.

After about a month, we became less cautious as it seemed like this wasn't the global killer it was initially made out to be. My 15 year old son was dealing with depression due to the lack of friends and family to socialize with, so we started letting him go to friend's houses. When restaurants began opening in limited capacity,we were some of the first people to enjoy sit-down dining again. Our church also reopened, first at 25% capacity with social distancing between family units, then 50%, then full capacity without social distancing. Our church, about 300-350 people, didn't experience the infection spike predicted by the news and CDC.

We're in Texas, which was fully open pretty early on. Life got close to pre-pandemic for the most part, with people masking or not masking as their comfort level dictated. Social distancing was still a thing in Austin and the Rio Grand Valley, as I discovered in my travels as a truck driver. Also, going into states like New Mexico and Colorado became a pain in the ass because I could never remember their masking requirements- even from city to city. Also, some places looked like they were abandoning the mandates but the next city 10 miles away might be on complete lockdown- ABQ, Pueblo, Denver and Santa Fe prohibited truckers from leaving their vehicles without a mask on, even if there was no one within a mile. At the height of New Mexico's lockdown, a maskless waitress in Raton NM greeted me with "wear it or don't, sit anywhere you like. Coffee?" Yes, please and thank you.

Our house stayed Covid free until August of this year, when my son caught it. At 17, he displayed symptoms of a decent case of influenza plus loss of smell and taste for over a month. I caught it from him and began using Ivermectin on the second day of symptoms; it was like a decent flu with a nasty sore throat. By day five, I was fully recovered. The first three days were accompanied by a middling fever and a raging hunger where I couldn't eat enough.

We've had friends and family who've caught it. We've had friends and family who've been vaxxed. We've had friends and family who've scorned the vax. We've had friends and family who've been vaxxed and caught it. We lost a neighbor to complications due to comorbidities. As a guy in his late 50's, diabetic and who my doc says should lose 40 lbs, I made an executive decision to remain unvaxxed. I rolled the dice, eventually caught the 'rona, came through it better than most, and I am praising God for His hand on me, my wife and my son through this whole thing. I stayed employed and productiveand, due to my job delivering "critical supplies", I was able to be a conduit of blessings in the form of disinfectants and TP to ward off the Virus.

Texas got back to business pretty quick. I'm grateful that God brought us here. We still have family in states that are still under lockdowns and mandates, including vax pass requirements just to go to a grocery store. We currently have two family members living with us in Texas until their state lifts their mandates and the whole mandatory vax/vax pass thing is settled. They're looking at local homes here and have been speaking to a realtor about selling their place, so they may be making a big change soon.

I will post a picture of a sign on our local TSC’s livestock-only prescriptions case later today* for all of you to see.
Be ready for it.
I saw it when I went cruising for leftover chicks; Orscheln and Atwood's have the same basic sign. "Don't eat this, it's for aminals and not peoples and might kill you deader than Osama Bin Laden".

I got the new Pumpkin Spice flavor.
fark_5hmsd7vgg3g0mdnal_wrcu7s674_64f9fed690b0c511bdaf86b5b07fad26ce133207.jpg

No offense but that is f***ing ridiculous…
No offense taken; everyone has different comfort levels for risk. I am kidding about pumpkin spice flavored bit I did use Ivermectin from a vet supply place because my GP told me she wouldn't prescribe it. She said it doesn't work. I was desperate, as a middle aged chubby guy with (under control) diabetes and did what I needed to do. There's no harmful ingredients in it and, as long as you get the dose right, it's the medicine plus some stabilizers and bulk agents to make dosing a horse easier. Our great grandparents used moldy bread poultices on infections, used native plants etc. as medicines. People all around the world use plants and extracts because theyr the only thing available.

I'm just grateful I could so easily get something that- apparently- worked very well without having to scrape it out of the inner stalk of some uncommon swamp plant.

No offense taken; everyone has different comfort levels for risk. I am kidding about pumpkin spice flavored bit I did use Ivermectin from a vet supply place because my GP told me she wouldn't prescribe it. She said it doesn't work. I was desperate, as a middle aged chubby guy with (under control) diabetes and did what I needed to do. There's no harmful ingredients in it and, as long as you get the dose right, it's the medicine plus some stabilizers and bulk agents to make dosing a horse easier. Our great grandparents used moldy bread poultices on infections, used native plants etc. as medicines. People all around the world use plants and extracts because theyr the only thing available.

I'm just grateful I could so easily get something that- apparently- worked very well without having to scrape it out of the inner stalk of some uncommon swamp plant.
Dude…the vaccines are free. It doesn’t cost you anything.

Vax doesn't work guess you got it 2 weeks before exposure. Plus the vax efficacy is documented to drop off to 3% over the course of 6 months in some people, according to a study of 100,000 vaccinated veterans.

I also do my own stitches if I can make the reach. I'm right handed so the scars on my left arm are very neat and uniform while the ones on my right arm are pretty irregular.

Back
Top Bottom