Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I thought covid got rid of your sense of smell? This is an interesting point. Anyone else experience this phenomenon?
When I had Covid I lost all smell and taste, It lasted for about 9 months and took all full yr before it came back to about 80% of what I used to have. When it first started to come back I would smell this awful body odder. It was horrible, I was constantly walking around thinking I stunk. I still smell weird things at times and my taste can come and go randomly.

When I had Covid I lost all smell and taste, It lasted for about 9 months and took all full yr before it came back to about 80% of what I used to have. When it first started to come back I would smell this awful body odder. It was horrible, I was constantly walking around thinking I stunk. I still smell weird things at times and my taste can come and go randomly.
I'm so sorry this happened to you! I sure hope it all comes back normal eventually! :hugs

Got a doctors appointment today...my follow up from before they put me on this medicine. Pretty nervous about it because I havent been taking my bp. I just sort of decided that if I have to take this everyday then everyday I'll feel like crap because I'll be anxious. And if my doctor isnt going to return my calls then whats the point. She can take my bp but I cant live like that. Im nervous as all hell like I'm about to get bad news. On the plus side I'm finally getting my crown put on today. I wont have to chew on one side of my mouth anymore which is how Ive been living. I dont understand why covid has prevented people from getting doctor appointments but i do know its definitely affected me and my health

At the doctors now. Things have changed since last month. Everyone is wearing masks now. Reception is wiping everything down too. They dont seem too busy. There was only one other person in the waiting room and I think they were waiting for somebody. BP was high...as I suspected. Just waiting on my doctor now. Last time she took a whole hour to see me. So far just 15 minutes but we will see.

Tried to order free tests from government. Timed out. Don't know if bogged by orders or just poor site.
I tried. Said an order was already taken for this address. My daughter in law had ordered them. Guess they're coming. Not quite in time for my grandson being tested. Oh well, have a feeling those free tests will come in handy before this is all over. It will be all over! Someday. At least, the bad part of it all. Hopefully it turns into non fatal flu like symptoms.

My doctor decided to put me on a "beta blocker" to help the bp. Now I'm taking 2 pills instead of just one. She heard a little wheeze so she ordered a chest xray. Beginning to feel like a lab rat. When she first came into the office she said "what are you here for today?"
"Um...follow up"
Then she started looking in the computer.
"You know what let me step out real quick so I'm better prepared..."
Oh really???? So you havent even looked at my labs...AT ALL. For crying out loud! I was and still am livid.

Back
Top Bottom