Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Dogs are a gateway drug. Just by looking at them you have to get one.
I’m thinking goats were our gateway drug 🤣(we moved from VA to AR and brought 2 cats-that we’d had for 9 and 3 years respectively) with us. Within a week we bought 2 goats, a month later we bought 6 chicks, 7 months later we got 6 ducklings, about 6 months after that we got the puppy, now 5 months later and I’m incubating duck eggs 🤦🏽‍♀️)

I’m thinking goats were our gateway drug 🤣(we moved from VA to AR and brought 2 cats-that we’d had for 9 and 3 years respectively) with us. Within a week we bought 2 goats, a month later we bought 6 chicks, 7 months later we got 6 ducklings, about 6 months after that we got the puppy, now 5 months later and I’m incubating duck eggs 🤦🏽‍♀️)
Good for you!

Oh dear. You really stepped in it. Incubating is freakin addictive!

Oh dear. You really stepped in it. Incubating is freakin addictive!
I was hoping one of my Rouen girls would sit so I was leaving the eggs, but after there were 20 total I figured they weren’t going to take…I set 6, down to 5. So far so good other than we had a power outage and I had to drag the generator out the other day 🤦🏽‍♀️ Unfortunately I have a friend that will be house sitting when they’re about 2 weeks post hatch. I didn’t intend to brood animals this year. Oh well.

I was hoping one of my Rouen girls would sit so I was leaving the eggs, but after there were 20 total I figured they weren’t going to take…I set 6, down to 5. So far so good other than we had a power outage and I had to drag the generator out the other day 🤦🏽‍♀️ Unfortunately I have a friend that will be house sitting when they’re about 2 weeks post hatch. I didn’t intend to brood animals this year. Oh well.
That is literally my biggest fear when Ive incubated...power failure. That and the generator running out of gas.

That is literally my biggest fear when Ive incubated...power failure. That and the generator running out of gas.
That happened to me during Ida. Had 3 chicken eggs going into lockdown the night it hit. Power was out for a week afterwards, so we took the bator to our friends’ house who still had power and somehow all 3 hatched! Two ended up being roos and the third was a nasty little girl so I was not sorry to see em go

What day did you order? I ordered the first day, which was the day before it was supposed to start
Honestly I don't remember someone on this thread gave me the link I ordered as soon as I got the link and it said would get here in Feb. I am just waiting it out.

Back
Top Bottom