Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Many clinics are doing this to reduce the possibility of exposing their staff to Covid. Friend who recently tested positive was prescribed the antiviral without seeing anyone.
Wow. I didn’t realize there were places still taking so many precautions. I understand trying to minimize risk but I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a Dr/ped tell me (prior to Covid) that you/child has to come in to be seen bc they can’t diagnose over the phone/pictures/etc.

Caught a cold that went into my chest. Ended up with bronchitis. Went to see the dr because I needed medicine. He refused to see me. Had a video chat. I really needed him to listen to my lungs. I took three different covid tests. ALl negative. I am much better now.
I know that in rural areas it may not be an option but it may be time to find a new Doctor.
I have been sick about 3 months, seen 20+ doctors, 3 hospital stays, blood clots, pneumonia, R & L heart cath.. Still can't find out what's going on. :rolleyes:

I know that in rural areas it may not be an option but it may be time to find a new Doctor.
I have been sick about 3 months, seen 20+ doctors, 3 hospital stays, blood clots, pneumonia, R & L heart cath.. Still can't find out what's going on. :rolleyes:
This sounds awful sorry you are going through this.

When we had COVID same thing, no dr visit just go to the ER if it got really really bad.

Lots of people I know are coming down with COVID lately

This sounds awful sorry you are going through this.

When we had COVID same thing, no dr visit just go to the ER if it got really really bad.

Lots of people I know are coming down with COVID lately
Some background. I am a RN and have been working mostly Covid Units since it began.
I got all my shots when first available because it seemed the right thing to do at the time. I'm not sure I would now. Started getting progressively weaker over several months. I'm 67 so I blew it off as getting older. Tested Covid+ on a home test but (-) at the hospital.
Getting stronger now. Off the home O2. Hopefully returning to work in a few weeks.

Man, this newest strain means business! I live in the state with the lowest infection rate. We all still wear masks at my job and take all the usual precautions. Virtually all of us are vaccinated. However, Covid has taken out over 90% of the staff within the past week with only a tiny handful of people not yet infected, essentially those that haven’t been around much (and who are now covering and who will soon be ill). Also, everyone is symptomatic! I was one of the last to hang in there, but felt like I got hit by a bus midway through my shift. Took a test when I got home, and just like that my 2 and 1/2 years of avoiding Covid are over. It was like a tidal wave hit my workplace. And down I go. The only positive thing is that it didn’t happen 3 weeks ago when I was out of state taking care of my elderly stepmother prior to her brain surgery!

As to why my workplace stayed open? Don’t ask. It’s a corporate thing.

Back
Top Bottom