Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I changed the title of this thread to truly reflect the state of it now that you guys have been yammering on about other stuff. :lol: Carry on chatting about the virus and or what you are doing to cope on a daily basis. If any of you do get way off topic here in the future, feel free to start another type chatting thread.

Enjoy!
-BYC Staff

Thankyou for seeing that even off topic now and then many of us enjoy the familiarity of this thread and the interest in Covid 19 subject and what every body is doing in this house quarantine with no one else talk to aside from chickens.

When anyone posts on this whole forum, whether true or not the picture in my mind I have a picture of an old farmhouse , with neighbors far down the road. bad snow, a rope tied from the house to the barn so they don't get lost in a blizzard , Farmer sitting at the kitchen table thumbing thru the chicken catalog and the Park seed catalog that comes every year while sipping a strong cup of coffee, contemplating what needs to be done. The only other thing he has is the internet . Laugh or not that's the picture in my mind.

Random Ramblings is about random ramblings, not just chickens. This particular thread is about COVID 19. Unless chickens get it, you are not likely to find much about chickens here.
Just trying to get back to what this web site is all about, covid 19 is affecting us all at the moment and as we are all isolating we are getting more time to spend with our families and pets which gives us the most joy and pleasure in this very hard time, so it is obvious that is what we want to talk about.😊

Thankyou for seeing that even off topic now and then many of us enjoy the familiarity of this thread and the interest in Covid 19 subject and what every body is doing in this house quarantine with no one else talk to aside from chickens.

When anyone posts on this whole forum, whether true or not the picture in my mind I have a picture of an old farmhouse , with neighbors far down the road. bad snow, a rope tied from the house to the barn so they don't get lost in a blizzard , Farmer sitting at the kitchen table thumbing thru the chicken catalog and the Park seed catalog that comes every year while sipping a strong cup of coffee, contemplating what needs to be done. The only other thing he has is the internet . Laugh or not that's the picture in my mind.

Yeah, exactly. There are other threads but none with the same group of people. I imagine some have become familiar and comfortable with the people in this particular thread. I adapt and am happy anywhere but some like the familiarity.

And I love that image :love

We don’t quite have a farm but do have almost 3 acres. :D

And I would be drinking tea but otherwise pretty accurate. ;)

Haha! That sounds nice. ;) I wish that were the case.

For us we live in a suburb. it's pretty, nice, big for a suburb (1/4 acre) but not THAT pretty and nice!
Homestead.png

Here! Now you can imagine what it actually looks like. :):) At least for me. (Well, it'll look like this in a month, anyhow. It's gloomy and not this green yet.)

This thread is good therapy during this time. You all surely have kept me entertained over these weeks. :) Its been informative, educational and funny at times! :D

The thread was bound to go off topic being that coping with this virus requires discussions of every aspect of it. So technically it really isn't all that off topic. We all need a place to hang out during this quarantine, no better place than BYC and this thread!! :D

This thread is good therapy during this time. You all surely have kept me entertained over these weeks. :) Its been informative, educational and funny at times! :D

The thread was bound to go off topic being that coping with this virus requires discussions of every aspect of it. So technically it really isn't all that off topic. We all need a place to hang out during this quarantine, no better place than BYC and this thread!! :D

Agreed! And yess it’s the perfect place to hang out!! I’ll be the one standing next to the animal cages or out by the coops and garden! ;)

I think that the "Comfort" Navy hospital ship, is the most beautiful ship on the water. That ship is IMO one of the two I just love: the Comfort, and an aircraft carrier. I read every book there is available about WW11/ Pacific Japanese .
So I have now drooled over the "comfort" and would have never see one but did because of the Covid 19.

Just trying to get back to what this web site is all about, covid 19 is affecting us all at the moment and as we are all isolating we are getting more time to spend with our families and pets which gives us the most joy and pleasure in this very hard time, so it is obvious that is what we want to talk about.😊

And I hear a lot of people are hatching eggs and that is such a past time . Me , who swore no more hatches, are thinking about it. :love

Back
Top Bottom