Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I'm not much for political correctness :lol:
But anyway IMHO it shouldn't have been called coronavirus. Should've started right from the get-go calling it covid-19. Too many confused people out there thinking its been around decades because coronavirus is on the back of Lysol cans.

From the WHO website; (I see they still list place of origin on MERS :oops:)
"Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV)."

For those that didn't hear it reported, read the NY Times (a left wing outlet, just for clarification) that China had said "It is an American disease that might have been introduced by members of the United States Army who visited Wuhan in October."
The Time's stated "There is not a shred of evidence to support that, but the notion received an official endorsement from China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs".
Apparently because of the virus, Corona has ceased production in Mexico, even though sales are up in the US. That worried my wife so I bought her a 12 pack yesterday.
😯

It was quite a "Seriously of all things" moment when I saw my line cracked. I was avoiding the hospital completely. At least no blood started pouring out this time. We got it all changed over and everything very quickly. I was in and out in 3 hours, I wasn't staying for longer than I had to. My Dr told the hospital that when I say I'm good to go, I'm good.

I'm not sick or anything at all 🤞🏼 I washed my hands a lot and I even went into the grocery store yesterday with a mask on and washed my hands good after.

I'm taking several Drs advice that the best way to prevent this is washing your hands because this virus is not spread airborne, it's through touch as far as they know.
Doctors and scientists say it is spread by talking and breathing. The particles stay viable in the air for hours.

I'd like to see an actual study done so it's not just he said she said. Most reports people are reading aren't even from a good source. They're just reporters looking to make a buck with every click we make.

Both Fauci and Birx said it at their last presser. They would be good folks to take advice from, no?

A man that lives in the small town nearest us died after traveling out of state. He fell ill on the way back and they stopped at a hospital. So now it's in our local area.
Since the outbreak, 47,000 people have traveled from China to the US with very little testing in spite of the supposed ban of travel from China.

So... on a positive note I decided to make some cotton masks for my nurse daughter and a nurse friend of mine & a few of her colleagues that work at a local hospital. Very simple to make but the ties are the hard part, I guess the elastic cording for ear loops must be a hot item (sold out until May or June). So I'm hand braiding yarn to make the ties.
View attachment 2075995View attachment 2075996View attachment 2075997View attachment 2075998

WELL DONE!

A neighbor who's a nurse tells me that the ones with the elastic band loops for the ears get very uncomfortable over time. She sent me this adaptation some nurse came up with.

image.png

hello from england,i,ve just joined byc again but i,ve been reading these pages for a while .the posts got really heavy but now everyone seems to have lightened up a bit .i live on my own and it can get scary listening +watching the news but it,s interesting seeing how other countries are coping .i have no chickens at moment but am rearranging garden to have them again also want a greenhouse again ,miss growing my own veg .hope you all keep safe .

Welcome to the discussion and welcome back to BYC, alfie!

Hope you're staying safe and enjoying your gardening work. I don't think my garden has been better in years as I have all this time to attend to it!

I wore a mask when I went in the grocery store yesterday and my husband had me hold his hand. He said that way we know where our hands are going. It was actually suggested by a Dr in New York who's in the thick of it.

LOVE the hand holding strategy! But I go out alone. There's not much point in exposing anyone unnecessarily.

Tomorrow my grandson and I will have to accompany my husband when he get a shot in his retina. He can't drive home. But my grandson and I will stay in the car reading so grandson stays in his little bubble as much as possible.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom