Corrugated plastic roofing for coop?

I wonder if you could build a normal roof but in the center use just one panel of clear or tinted clear, as a skylight. I will have to build a kind of heavy roof for snow here. But if it was reinforced enough I bet it could work here.

Hi all,
Quick question for those of you that did use the corrogated plastic/fiberglass roofing - did any of you use it on a gabled roof on your coop? If so, what did you do at the peak to keep water out?
Thanks!

Chickens do well in quiet homes. If our hens got startled, they broke the eggs. Corrugated anything will rattle in the wind. It will also be easier for canine types to dig a hole under corrugated. Try a solid roofing sheet instead--they also come in plastic. Be sure to bury the sides of the coop to prevent predators from digging, several inches if possible.

I have seen metal sheets slightly folded to provide cover for peaked roofs. Try the roofing department. It think it is called ridge flashing.

Hi all,

Quick question for those of you that did use the corrogated plastic/fiberglass roofing - did any of you use it on a gabled roof on your coop? If so, what did you do at the peak to keep water out?

Thanks!

I don't have a peak. Just one side higher than the other. Seemed like the best use of space. I can't speak on longevity because it's on our new coop. But as well as letting light in, I wanted something light so we can move the coop.

Back
Top Bottom