Corturnix color identification?

deerlydeparted

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2020
Hey there all! I'm new to the colors of corturnix quail and would appreciate help identifying what colors/ genes I have.
hedgecoop.jpg
poof-lady.jpg
poof-manchie.jpg

chicks.jpg

If you'd need better pictures, let me know. This is just what I have on hand. Thanks!

Kale the Quail

Free Ranging
Aug 10, 2019
British Columbia
@Fenrisulfr and @Nabiki know a lot about this. so does @muddy75 .
the black and white one in the first picture is a tuxedo. the one beside the charcoal colored one looks like a red. (I'm not sure if those exist but it doesn't look like a fawn.)
I don't know what the charcoal colored one is. might be a black and chocolate manchurian.
The blured one in the first picture is a pharoah.

Third picture (because i don't know what the ones in the second picture are) : female fairy quail (on the left) male italian (on the right.)

fourth picture: (left to right) italian, tuxedo (?), another tux, pharoah, texas A&M (?), rosetta.
I'm pretty sure i got most of these wrong. :gigFenrisulfr, nabiki, and muddy know WAY more.

Fenrisulfr

Crowing
Mar 30, 2020
Germany
Oh, so beautiful birds you have! 😍

On the first pic, the one on the far left is a Grau Fee. Right to it, it's a Red-Wildpattern (ordered those for my next hatch. Hope they turn out as wonderful as yours) . Right to the Red-Wild it's a Rosetta Tux and the one in the foreground is a Falb Fee

On pic 2 in the right looks like a Brown-Wildpattern and left to it looks like a Silver (but mixed with something else)

Pic 3 again the Brown-Wild (some more pics of it would be great) and right of it a Manchurin Male.

The chicks are from left to right:
Falb Fee, Tuxedo, Red-Wild, Grau Fee, Manchurian and Silver.

Still a bit waggy in the US names ... eg. the Brown-Wild and Red-Wild, it is literally translated from German. You may call em different.

Examples from Germany.

Brau-Wildfarbig
100499765_1074226652974452_2213465628882936679_n.jpg

Rot-Wildfarbig
rot-wf_600x600@2x.jpg

muddy75

🕷2022 Spooktacular Halloween HAL 🕷
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Aug 17, 2018
southern indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Oh, so beautiful birds you have! 😍

On the first pic, the one on the far left is a Grau Fee. Right to it, it's a Red-Wildpattern (ordered those for my next hatch. Hope they turn out as wonderful as yours) . Right to the Red-Wild it's a Rosetta Tux and the one in the foreground is a Falb Fee

On pic 2 in the right looks like a Brown-Wildpattern and left to it looks like a Silver (but mixed with something else)

Pic 3 again the Brown-Wild (some more pics of it would be great) and right of it a Manchurin Male.

The chicks are from left to right:
Falb Fee, Tuxedo, Red-Wild, Grau Fee, Manchurian and Silver.

Still a bit waggy in the US names ... eg. the Brown-Wild and Red-Wild, it is literally translated from German. You may call em different.

Examples from Germany.

Brau-Wildfarbig
View attachment 2174312

Rot-Wildfarbig
View attachment 2174316
i agree on most.....in the 3rd pic down, the male is an autumn amber, the little yellow chick looks possibly scarlet panda

muddy75

🕷2022 Spooktacular Halloween HAL 🕷
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Aug 17, 2018
southern indiana
My Coop
My Coop

deerlydeparted

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2020
More pictures of the ladies! Thank you all so much, I really appreciate it!

@muddy75 I'm in Washington state, nearish Bellevue. I got them from a local breeder (rather, my friend got them for me from a local breeder, hahah), and I don't know the origins. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Myshire!

Attachments

• ladyandpoof.jpg
    ladyandpoof.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 6
  • lady.jpg
    lady.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 6
  • lady2.jpg
    lady2.jpg
    706.4 KB · Views: 6
  • ladypoof2.jpg
    ladypoof2.jpg