Coryza vaccine

Galitaya

In the Brooder
Oct 6, 2020
I had an entire flock that had infectious coryza...
I have new chickens I want to introduce to my flock, so I got a coryza vaccine...
The vail has 1000 doses. Should I vaccinate all of them even the ones that where sick or only the new ones?

The vet said infectious Coryza... Did not do tests...
Most of them are healed...
I jus have a few not in the same flock that did not get sick and some new chicks in the incubator...
So I want to vaccinate them before I sit with this disease again...
I will vaccinate them all them. 😃
Thank you...

Attachments

• 57AA73DA-77AB-4178-898B-8A66B9D1D6BB.jpeg
    57AA73DA-77AB-4178-898B-8A66B9D1D6BB.jpeg
    496.5 KB · Views: 11
Did you notice a bad odor from their beaks or heads? It can be hard to tell coryza from MG, except that coryza is worse and smells horrible from what some say. Most survivors and exposed birds become carriers for life. The vaccine probably won’t hurt the ones who have it.

Did you notice a bad odor from their beaks or heads? It can be hard to tell coryza from MG, except that coryza is worse and smells horrible from what some say. Most survivors and exposed birds become carriers for life. The vaccine probably won’t hurt the ones who have it.
Yes there was a horrible smell... 🤢
Yes, unfortunately I am now stuck with this disease 😩
Is why I want to vaccinate newcomers immediately

Just curious where did you get your vaccine from? I’m thinking about getting it myself but not sure where I should get it from

The sites I checked online said that the vaccine was not available at this time, but there are some made by Zoetis and Nobilis companies. You might do some Googling. The best way to prevent coryza, is to buy healthy chicks from a hatchery, and not buy birds from people where they might have a coryza positive flock.

Back
Top Bottom