Cosmonaut~ A heartwarming story

As for feeding he gets 3 large - medium sized eggs each day, all flock feed, and fresh veggies a few days a week, oh and LOTS of love!!
I agree it was either incubation, neurological, possibly nutrient deficit in the hatching egg.

At this point, the neck will not correct. And I agree you have a huge heart! :love

I would lay off the eggs or consider it to be a possible cause of early death. They are about 34% protein and 64% fat. Great as a nutritional supplement but maybe not great in excess. Might cause fatty liver or kidney issues. The all flock feed should be pretty good. At least cut back a lot. IMO.

Yes, I couldn't zoom in on the skin to see if it looked concerning or not. I like nutri drench because it has amino acids added in. I would only supplement on occasion. Chances are he may have all he needs now but not able to overcome the original disability is all.

Thank you for sharing! How did he get the name cosmonaut? I like it. :pop

I personally would use a permethrin spray before I would use a powder in a sleeping box or anywhere... I just don't like breathing extra dust particles and sure don't need the chemicals. And I would ONLY do this as needed, indicated by your persistent checking and vigilance... I WON'T treat for what I don't have as pests build resistance. For his stated age and condition... his feathers appear to be in better condition than MANY I see.

I agree it was either incubation, neurological, possibly nutrient deficit in the hatching egg.

At this point, the neck will not correct. And I agree you have a huge heart! :love

I would lay off the eggs or consider it to be a possible cause of early death. They are about 34% protein and 64% fat. Great as a nutritional supplement but maybe not great in excess. Might cause fatty liver or kidney issues. The all flock feed should be pretty good. At least cut back a lot. IMO.

Yes, I couldn't zoom in on the skin to see if it looked concerning or not. I like nutri drench because it has amino acids added in. I would only supplement on occasion. Chances are he may have all he needs now but not able to overcome the original disability is all.

Thank you for sharing! How did he get the name cosmonaut? I like it. :pop

I personally would use a permethrin spray before I would use a powder in a sleeping box or anywhere... I just don't like breathing extra dust particles and sure don't need the chemicals. And I would ONLY do this as needed, indicated by your persistent checking and vigilance... I WON'T treat for what I don't have as pests build resistance. For his stated age and condition... his feathers appear to be in better condition than MANY I see.
Thank you! I’ll cut back to maybe 2-3 eggs a week instead of per day since it seems to be the better option!! He got his name from a movie I watched and it was about a disabled dog named Cosmonaut (I can’t think of the movie name for anything atm)

You can put powder for mites/flees in the spot where he sleeps , that way he will stay clean from bugs .

Vitamin E capsules added to food or dropper Fed is said to help ..

Is that skin I see ? If he’s being pecked I’d give him his own coop, he is an easy target .

He is beautiful and you have a big ❤️To take the extra time with him
Thank you! He never grew many feathers on his neck and he much prefers to be with his best friend, named Cowboy.

Back
Top Bottom